Thread: Full auto in SC!

I knew that our laws had changed to allow suppressors (as long as you have paid the necessary federal transfer tax) but I didn't realize law abiding citizens in SC could own a full auto! I was at a game management shooting range Saturday and to my surprise, I heard the guy at the end of the line ripping off in wide open rock and roll. I went down to chat and he updated me on the laws. Way cool! Apparently our good ex-governor Hodges signed the law that gave us back what the US Constitution was meant to insure.

Why would you ever need full auto you may ask? Because governments don't last forever. Periodically, they have to be overthrown. Our Founding Forefathers knew this and wrote the 2nd Amendment to insure we'd have the means when the time comes.

Now when the heck are they going to change the law on switchblade knives? Can anyone tell me why they are illegal to carry for everyone except military, LEO's and one armed lawful citizens? I prefer an auto knife especially when I hunt from a tree stand. I wear my safety harness and might only have one hand available if I ever fall.

Yep, you can have a fully automatic as long as you have the proper paperwork. I don't think that the paperwork is a major issue, however, my understanding is that the gun has to be manufactured prior to '64 or some date around then. Therefore, they would be pretty expensive to purchase - I have heard that a qualifying MP5 would easily run you over $10,000. Also, I assume that you would register the specific gun similar to how you register a suppressor. Bill over at Coastal Firearms in Cainhoy can fill you in on all of the details/specifics.

I need one to shoot hogs with. Those corn eating bastages are eating me out of house and home. Every time I kill one it seemsa like 10 more come. I shot 3 with the same arrow the other day and had 15 more come in at dark.

SCTIMBER Coots

Kevin, Got a new .270 I been wanting to try out if they get to hard to handle for you.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

I have a couple of friends who are into the full auto thing. In fact they were on the line and only about 30 ft. from the guy that got hurt at Knob Creek when his 20MM fired out of battery. If you can find MP5's for about 10K, you better buy a dozen of them. They go for MUCH more than that. A simple SP1 (M-16) goes for 8-10K. The price on these things is climbing fast.

BTW, the mfg. cutoff date is 1986.....I believe.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

1986 is correct.

Used to be that the least expensive way to get into a selective fire gun was to buy a trigger group for a M-2 carbine. That's still prohibitive for my wallet.

I have been wanting a suppressor for some time now, though.

I have an acquaintance with a legal (registered) suppressed bolt gun in 458 Winchester Magnum of all things. He hand-loads BIG bullets (600+ grains) at subsonic velocity. It's neat, and danged quiet.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Swamp Rat,

AWC makes some good suppressors.

http://www.awcsystech.com/AWCPistolSuppressors.html

If I had to choose one gun (pistol) I'd choose the Amphibian S. From all I've heard they are tough and accurate. It's a Ruger based integrally suppressed pistol.

Click-->Amphibian S

SRT Arms makes some Ruger based suppressed weapons also. Click-->SRT Arms as does Gem-Tech.

I worked with the guys at Gem-Tech several years ago for shooters.com and they're some really nice folks to deal with. BTW, that doesn't mean I recommend their products.

As far as owning an NFA weapon if you're clean the turn around for your transfer is averaging about 1 month from mail box to mail box now. They've obviously made some changes, not long ago turn around was running 6 months or longer.

Small Arms Review posts a listing of what is licened by state once a year.

From what I've read there's an estimated 186,000+/- pre-86 transferable MGs. I would suspect that civilian SBS/SBR/AOW/suppressors have got to be double that number as there is no 'ban' on these items. I'd guess at least 1,000,000 civilian owned NFAs in the country.

If you can believe these idiot anti-gun folks here's the number of MG dealers by state.
    http://www.vpc.org/studies/gunthree.htm
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."

Mergie Master is offline Dedicated Tamiecide Practitioner

Btw, anyone ever hear the pop of a suppress fired bullet as it passes close to an object?

Shoot a suppressed M15/M16 down a powerline and you can hear a pop/snap sound everytime the bullet passes a pole.
    The Elites don't fear the tall nails, government possesses both the will and the means to crush those folks. What the Elites do fear (or should fear) are the quiet men and women, with low profiles, hard hearts, long memories, and detailed target folders for action as they choose.

"I here repeat, & would willingly proclaim, my unmitigated hatred to Yankee rule—to all political, social and business connections with Yankees, & to the perfidious, malignant, & vile Yankee race."