Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: *another* white cop shoots black guy

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    So, in the least it is murder 2 since cops are taught to kill and not wound as posted by cops on this board.
    Complete bullshit. I expected better than that. For all the Cop haters here. if a police officer ever saves your bacon or that of a love one, I wonder if it will change your perspective? I doubt it. I am probably older than most here..... and have been around a few pretty rough things in my life. By and large, the majority of Cop haters that I have known in my well over 50 years on this earth were the type of person that the police officers, and law abiding public needed to be concerned with. If you are in this camp, you don't have the damn solution. You are part of the problem. It is vital to hold all authorities responsible for their actions, but it is also vital that we submit ourselves to constitutionally authorized authority. If that authority is wrong, they must be punished. If that authority tries to overthrow the constitution, that is what the 2nd amendment is for, but you better be right. Treason is not a speeding ticket.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 04-10-2015 at 09:20 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Complete bullshit. I expected better than that. For all the Cop haters here. if a police officer ever saves your bacon or that of a love one, I wonder if it will change your perspective? I doubt it. I am probably older than most here..... and have been around a few pretty rough things in my life. By and large, the majority of Cop haters that I have known in my well over 50 years on this earth were the type of person that the police officers, and law abiding public needed to be concerned with. If you are in this camp, you don't have the damn solution. You are part of the problem. It is vital to hold all authorities responsible for their actions, but it is also vital that we submit ourselves to constitutionally authorized authority. If that authority is wrong, they must be punished. If that authority tries to overthrow the constitution, that is what the 2nd amendment is for, but you better be right. Treason is not a speeding ticket.
    I don't hate cops, I hate assholes and the cops ranks seem to be full of them. Interesting you say that "cop haters" are part of the problem while not admitting that cops are also part of the problem. I'd wager civilians attitudes would change if cops started treating people with respect and not as the enemy. Police your own ranks.

Good post!

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Geetch View Post
    I don't hate cops, I hate assholes and the cops ranks seem to be full of them. Interesting you say that "cop haters" are part of the problem while not admitting that cops are also part of the problem. I'd wager civilians attitudes would change if cops started treating people with respect and not as the enemy. Police your own ranks.
    I guess our life experiences differ significantly. I have known and worked with quite a few law enforcement officers over the years. With the exception of a couple of them, the rest have been by and large, professional and courteous. I have also had a few traffic stops, GW checks, etc. over the years, and have yet to encounter an asshole. I will tell you that most officers are very quick at reading body language and other non-verbal cues. It is what keeps them alive. They will detect a persons attitude very quickly. They have been trained that to show weakness/vulnerability is sometimes an invitation to attack. In other words if a person has a sour attitude about police in general, the officer will typically pick up on it regardless of how that person tries to mask it. Non-verbal communication seldom lies. As a result, it is possible that person may have somewhat of a less congenial experience with the officer. It is called posturing. It doesn't feel good to be on the receiving end of it, but it does tend to diffuse many potential violent encounters.

A couple of years ago we lost 2 officers because they were conditioned by their administration to be too friendly. There had been a lot of pressure by the community that officers were not being courteous enough. It resulted in a tendency for the officers to lower their guard from a tactics and body language standpoint.
    Last edited by CWPINST; 04-11-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

I guess our life experiences differ significantly. I have known and worked with quite a few law enforcement officers over the years. With the exception of a couple of them, the rest have been by and large, professional and courteous. I have also had a few traffic stops, GW checks, etc. over the years, and have yet to encounter an asshole. I will tell you that most officers are very quick at reading body language and other non-verbal cues. It is what keeps them alive. They will detect a persons attitude very quickly. They have been trained that to show weakness/vulnerability is sometimes an invitation to attack. In other words if a person has a sour attitude about police in general, the officer will typically pick up on it regardless of how that person tries to mask it. Non-verbal communication seldom lies. As a result, it is possible that person may have somewhat of a less congenial experience with the

officer. It is called posturing. It doesn't feel good to be on the receiving end of it, but it does tend to diffuse many potential violent encounters.

A couple of years ago we lost 2 officers because they were conditioned by their administration to be too friendly. There had been a lot of pressure by the community that officers were not being courteous enough. It resulted in a tendency for the officers to lower their guard from a tactics and body language standpoint.
    Well said.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.