Thread: Nikon Buckmaster

I'm lookin to get a new scope for my Rem. 270. I'm tryin to get a deal off of ebay on a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40. Any of yall have this scope or had this scope and like to give me any input?
    \"We were walkin in high cotton, old times there are not forgotten\"

What price range are you looking at?
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I bought a Browning A Bolt in 7mm Mag from a guy on another duck site that had the exact scope and it does a great job.

great scope, been deer huntin 3 years and I am 5 for 5 with it, no gut shots

decent scope. i have the 4.5-14 AO. not the best light gatherer but not the worst either. handles haze from looking into sunrise/sunset better than something like a simmons.

i just got the new 3200 elite firefly,,,i compared it to the nikon,its hard to tell the optics difference from in front of the sales counter,lol,save yourself a few bucks and by the busnell,,,also they throw in a neet 100.00 gear bag with the purchase,,,

yankees [img]graemlins/shakehead.gif[/img]

I have the buckmaster 3x9x40 and have enjoyed it. A lot better scope than the bushnell low-end 3x9x40 that I had for light gathering. My cousin bought the bushnell elite 3200 firefly. I am very impressed with that scope. It is as clear as his Leuopold, but has neat little glow in the dark reticles. He says it makes lining up those late evening shots a little easier.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

The 3200 is a good scope, but the 4200 and the Weaver Grand Slam are better. You can see the difference at near dark. The 3.5X10X50mm GS costs about $300 and is the best value that I know of.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.