Thread: What to do after the open..

Default What to do after the open..

Well the open is here and gone. Found my weaknesses, found some strengths. Anyone changing up their training now that they've found what they are made of?

I set some long term goals for myself.
    -500lb back squat.
    -300lb overhead squat
    -1 strict chest to bar, may not seem like much but pull ups are my nemesis.
    -Sub 1:30 400m run
    -Refining the OLY lift technique, I have hard time reaching my hip pockets in the clean and shoulder pain has really screwed up the snatch.

What's everyone else working on?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

I'm getting back into CFE (CrossFit Endurance). I noticed some good changes after a few weeks of it late last year and then I stopped.

Overall, I don't plan on changing too much of what I have been doing with the exception of doing more skill work.

Walking more than a few feet on my hands is a 2015 goal.
    Stringing multiple muscle ups together in a workout is another.

I have come a long way in 15 months and I look forward to improving more and more every day.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

I'm staying consistent with Juggernaut Strength Cycles trying to achieve a :
    400lb back squat - This will fall this year as I am currently at 385
    300lb bench press - This one will take some serious time as I am only at 265

I've started programming myself 4-6 week blocks to address glaring holes in my general work such as: muscle ups, handstand walks and Oly work. I'll still do some of the white board WOD's but I'll do more progression work and assistance work for my weaknesses and working those weaknesses into at least one WOD a day. The Oly work will be fairly consistent throughout the blocks.

Other than that I've set a goal to dunk a basketball again at the age of 32 so I've been working on explosive movements as well. Seated box jumps, weighted box jumps, squat jumps, lots of heavy sleds and prowler explosions.

Good luck. Those are some huge numbers. PR'd back squat this morning at 375, 30lbs over previous. I dont see 400 though. I need to focus on diet. My eating habits are embarrassing

sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk
    Last edited by scmoose; 04-01-2015 at 11:11 AM.

I need to keep focus on nutrition. The open season has cause me to drop weight continuously and I am meek 200lbs now. My pullups, c2b, t2b, etc have benefited but the lack in weight has my strenghth not up to what it used to be. My goals are to get my oly lifts up to snuff. My form has been lacking so fundamentals will be hammered on. I want to snatch 185 and C&J 225 so I have a ways to go. But the journey is the fun part. I look forward to it.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Good luck. Those are some huge numbers. PR'd back squat this morning at 375, 30lbs over previous. I dont see 400 though. I need to focus on diet. My eating habits are embarrassing

sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk
    Nice work on the PR! If you can push 375 then you can push 400.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcdp View Post
    Nice work on the PR! If you can push 375 then you can push 400.
    This.. Drop down to 350+/- for a month or two working up your rep count and then try again.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Well the open is here and gone. Found my weaknesses, found some strengths. Anyone changing up their training now that they've found what they are made of?

I set some long term goals for myself.
    -500lb back squat.
    -300lb overhead squat
    -1 strict chest to bar, may not seem like much but pull ups are my nemesis.
    -Sub 1:30 400m run
    -Refining the OLY lift technique, I have hard time reaching my hip pockets in the clean and shoulder pain has really screwed up the snatch.

What's everyone else working on?
    Welp, I have knocked out one of my goals now, for a little over a week I have been doing strict chest to bar pullups in sets of two. The first one just happened by accident one day last week when I was feeling good and thought I would give it a try. I have been doing them ever since. Hitting about mid chest right now, every once and a while I'll get a good pull and hit nipple height. Working to get a hit below the chest now then on to a bar muscle up.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Welp, I have knocked out one of my goals now, for a little over a week I have been doing strict chest to bar pullups in sets of two. The first one just happened by accident one day last week when I was feeling good and thought I would give it a try. I have been doing them ever since. Hitting about mid chest right now, every once and a while I'll get a good pull and hit nipple height. Working to get a hit below the chest now then on to a bar muscle up.
    Nice work MM!