Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What arrows do y'all use?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtimber2 View Post
    Blasphemy
    x2
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

GoldTip Hunter XT, very tough and durable.

beman ics hunters. Shoot heavier than lighter. I'd rather throw a 10 pound rock at something slower than a feather at 1000 mph

Easton FMJ. Had a real good run with beman ics hunters as well.

Carbon express maxima hunters.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I shoot Carbon Express and before that Easton FMJs. I used to shoot other brands that are mentioned above until my out of state bow technician asked me to spin a dozen of my arrows on a arrow spinner. 4 out of 12 were straight.

If your bow shop doesn't have one of these, they should:
    http://shop.pineridgearchery.com/p/the-arrow-inspector
    Last edited by HartClemson99; 06-12-2015 at 03:49 PM.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    This is the biggest load of crap I've heard all week...
    I think it's right up there with consistent energy at long ranges.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

I always shot a cheaper arrow than most, but I was going through a 6-12 per month.

I shoot the cheap ones from Tooths favourite place Wally World. I have tried the expensive ones and custom cut arrows and have better luck with cheap wally world arrows. Granted one out of every four gets thrown away but usually three out of the four group great. And at 3-4 bucks apiece you cant argue with that.

I like ICS Hunters because they are slick and quiet.
    Gold tips because they are tough and inexpensive.
    I shot aluminum for years. They weren't durable but you could tune the hell out of them, especially out of a traditional or finger bow.

Those carbon express are good arrows, you will do fine with them. I shoot GT Pro hunters. I usually catch what I need as I see them at a good price in the classified ads on Archerytalk. If you are patient you can pick up arrows at decent prices that way. GT pros are .001 straightness. Hart gave good advice about using an arrow spinner to check your arrows. Even the high end arrows will have a flier in the bunch occasionally and it will group differently. If nothing else then it will pay for itself in ease of tuning your BHs.

I hear it said all the time that the cheaper less straight .003 or .006 arrows "shoot better than I can". That may be true but the way I see it the closer you start out from the center the closer you will end up. Would be like folks buying a high end rifle and going to walmart for the cheapest ammo they can find to hunt from it IMO. Me? I'd suggest you buy the straightest arrows you can reasonably afford unless you are a hog hunter and planning on busting plenty of arrows.
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

Easton Axis 340s

Started out with Gold Tips, but wanted more weight and smaller diameter. Never looked back. Pass through on a pig last August. Hoping to repeat Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    Goldtips, get the 5575 spline in either the xt hunter, Pro hunter, or expedition hunters. They are strong as hell, tune well, hold a great grouping with consistent energy at long ranges, and they are easy on the wallet. Used them for years, and seen many of event where they should have broke, but didn't.
    This. Just got back to the office from picking up a brand new dozen of the XT Hunter.

Beman ics hunters. Cheaper arrow that shootsvjust as good as the more expensive ones

Some really good advice here. I shoot pile drivers by CE. There really aren't many options from the "cheaper" arrows for the weight arrow I like to shoot. Also my experience with less expensive arrows is durability.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

Zombie slayers

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    I think it's right up there with consistent energy at long ranges.
    Just saw this, screw you!
    Last edited by dhall1693; 08-12-2015 at 10:08 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

I thought it was pretty funny myself
    Houndsmen are born, not made

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I STAND WITH DUCK CUTTER!
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    I knew it wasn't real because no dogbox...

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    I always shot a cheaper arrow than most, but I was going through a 6-12 per month.
    I miss those days cattdaddy! Glad I got to break a few of my expensive arrows before you left that Hog heaven!

Easton Axis 340s w/HIT.

I like them being very thin. I have had them custom fletched and tuned to my bow. My arrows are right at 420 grains and I have been extremely happy with them.

Pass throughs on every animal I have shot with them. 400# black bear included.