Thread: Bow press

Default Bow press

Been thinking bout getting a bow press to do my own work. Thos that do what kind do y'all use? I've been looking at the ez green press. Also do any of y'all mess with those portable presses? They seem convienant but idk how much I'd trust them.

I have the ez green and have no complaints. I'm with you and I wouldn't use the portable ones unless you need to adjust something in the field. I see that press as more of an emergency type press for a target archer, not something for a DIY guy/hunter.

I bought mine a couple months ago and have changed my strings and cables out. It's nice to be able to time cams and make small changes if needed right at home. The best part is not having to let some moron who doesn't care work on your bow.

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat8991 View Post
    Been thinking bout getting a bow press to do my own work. Thos that do what kind do y'all use? I've been looking at the ez green press. Also do any of y'all mess with those portable presses? They seem convienant but idk how much I'd trust them.
    I see that you live in Florence. Let me know when you get a press so I can come use it. LoL

Quote Originally Posted by StrutnBPS View Post
    I see that you live in Florence. Let me know when you get a press so I can come use it. LoL
    Hahahaha will do.

Haha don't start playing with that thing. You don't need another reason why you missed...
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Haha don't start playing with that thing. You don't need another reason why you missed...
    Hey now I got good reasoning on that pig I missed lol. Now the 15 yard chip shot on that doe idk

If I ever get around to buying a full press it would probably be that EZ green. I've got a bowmaster press (also the split limb adapters) and a homemade threaded rod jig (that I use on switchbacks and XTs). I use the homemade rig more but with these I am able to press all 5 bows we shoot. For someone who uses a press a few times a year the aggravation of using a portable press is probably a better fit. I figure if you buy a EZ Green you are doing is more for your friends than yourself!
    Worship the LORD, not HIS creation.

"No self respecting turkey hunter would pay $5 for a call that makes a good sound when he can buy a custom call for $80 and get the same sound."-NWiles

I've got one of the old omni style presses. I've had it about 10yrs.

It gets the job done, for sure.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Bowmaster press here. Not ready to drop $400 on an EZ Press, but wish I could.