Thread: fitbit vs jawbone vs all the rest

Default fitbit vs jawbone vs all the rest

My wife wants a fitness tracker for her birthday. Which one is the best in the 50-150 dollar range. She wants one that tracks sleep patterns, and it needs to sync to an Iphone 4 IOS7. I have read lots of great reviews on fitbit, but i have also read that jawbone has the better software. So what do yall use and what do you recommend.

Fitbit charge works good and is pretty accurate. I bought my wife one for Christmas and then bought one for myself a few weeks ago. Amazing how many steps and miles I walk a day at work.

I've had a jawbone and misfit shine/flash. I would choose the Misfit any day of the week. It's waterproof, unlike the others. Tracks steps and sleep. Wirelessly syncs with a battery that lasts up to a year.

Garmin Vivosmart. Waterproof and you can read text messages on them.

Wife bought me a fitbit charge for my birthday. I think its a gadget that is useless, but I didn't want to piss her off. I wore it one day, spent most of the day driving, said I had climbed 8 flights of stairs. I hadn't set foot on a step all day. I watched as I drove, and the steps continuously increased. I made her return it today.