Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Cull buck???

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I'm proud of my SC homegrowns! Sure, they arent the biggest, but that's not what's its all about. It's all about the hunting lifestyle. Building stands, cutting limbs, planting food, setting out cameras, good times at the skinning pole, hours spent in the cutting room, cold beer and liquor drinks around the fire, football games after the hunt on the old box big screen that stays outside under a shed at the hunt club....stories of all the nice deer taken off the property. I took this deer out of an old stand that older deceased family members who started me out hunting used to hunt an kill nice deer. That means more to me than the rack.
    You do your thing, and I'll do mine. I drink my cold beer and liquor while someone else spends hours in the cutting room. I also choose not to watch football on the old big box screen. I don't have to. But, by all means, you do you Bubba.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Default Cull buck???

Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    Being a deer hunter...I like killing several deer per year! I don't want to kill too many does with the population around my area down a bit from years past, so I kill deer that I feel like would be good to eat and worth my time cleaning. It's called hunting....I'm going to shoot something every once in a while, and I like venison!
    FIFY

That right there is the best post you have ever made. I hate to admit it, but I agree. I shoot deer for meat. 120 lbs+ and it might get shot. I have a tract that's strictly managed, but I've never pulled the trigger on that tract.
    Last edited by britton40; 08-12-2015 at 08:47 PM.