Thread: FT Jackson drill sarge

I just met one of these guys at a local watering hole while I was picking up a takeout. Needless to say we started talking. I will talk to anyone, I am just lucky if they talk back.

Anyway, we got to talking about his military service and he said how much he wishes he was back in Iraq. He has been in the service for more than 12 years and has served in Aphganastan & Iraq.

He also said how much he enjoys being issued a M-14. Beats his prior issues of a M-16 and a M-4 hands down. He said the M-4 was a good accurate gun but it wore out and went to hell. He then complained some about the Army's repair service. The M-16 did not have the range.

He mentioned the damage his M-14 did on a ragheads (not his exact term) at 100 & 400 yards. He apparently appreciates the M-14 quite a bit.

And he really dislikes the Berretta service pistol. Likes his personal 1911 a good bit more.

ALl of that was the gist of a nice conversation.

I think it is right interesting all that I hear form the Service People of their choice of weapons and their preferred field of service.

By the way, his deer rifle is a Marlin 30-30.
    It's not enough to simply tolerate the 2nd Amendment as an antiquated inconvenience. Caring for the 2nd Amendment means fighting to restore long lost rights.

I will talk to anyone, I am just lucky if they talk back.

Hell, you are lucky that they just don't get up and leave you talking to yourself!!! [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.