Thread: DDS, bigballin, etc(bowfishing)

Default DDS, bigballin, etc(bowfishing)

Thinking about getting back into it. When I stopped the leds weren't in the bowfishing market yet. Used to run 400w hps's. I'm not going to shoot tourneys but do want the best bang for my buck. Have any of you hardcore bowfisherman shot over the hps colored led lenses or the soft whites in the murky santee waters? Did you like them? If I can get close I'd like to go led. Hit me with some info......
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

I haven't shot over the LEDs yet. But they will never be equal to HPS. The new ones may be getting close to halogens. And definitely require less power which requires smaller generator, or even no generator at all if you have a big enough boat to haul a quarter ton of deep cells. They would be the ticket in clearer water, but honestly, even 400hps struggle in the murkiest of murley Santee waters.

I haven't shot over them but a set did bet a whole fleet of HPS boats in the muddy Cooper river this past weekend.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

I have yet to shoot over any but have talked to folk that have. Seem like if I am talking to the person that spent the money on them, they are the best thing going. If you talk to the fella that shot with the guy that spent the money on them, they are cool but they wouldn't change from HPS. I have seen a lot of folks putting the cool white ones up for sale and going back to a HPS set up (on the bowfishing site) but again I have not shot over them.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

This is the info I was looking for. I didn't want to make my decisions off of reviews from other places that have "murky water" but really never get as murky as santee. Our clear water nights are usually still dirtyer than others horribly dirty water.
    Skybusters: Magic Does Not Apply to Shotgun Physics

Skybusting, or the art of trying to magically propel steel shot 100 yards into the air at a passing duck, is a sure-fire way to ruin your own chances, and everyone else’s chances, at actually killing a duck.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    Seem like if I am talking to the person that spent the money on them, they are the best thing going. If you talk to the fella that shot with the guy that spent the money on them, they are cool but they wouldn't change from HPS. I have seen a lot of folks putting the cool white ones up for sale and going back to a HPS set up (on the bowfishing site) but again I have not shot over them.

yep... same thing ive noticed. when the led craze hit they were the best thing to happen to bowfishing since fiberglass arrows. but about 3 months later there were a ton of people selling them going back to their old setups. the technology is changing daily tho it seems, so they are only getting better.