Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Arkansas SWD Petition

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    To quote me, let the good citizens of Arkansas govern themselves. Do you not get ruffled when Chicago or New England Democrats pump money into our state to push for us to alter a certain monument at the state house or fund grass roots efforts for "common sense gun legislation" in the state that is unconstitutional? It's the exact same thing and I won't sign it for that reason.
    I like this perspective on the matter. While I'm for the ban this is a great point.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

To quote me, let the good citizens of Arkansas govern themselves. Do you not get ruffled when Chicago or New England Democrats pump money into our state to push for us to alter a certain monument at the state house or fund grass roots efforts for "common sense gun legislation" the state that is unconstitutional? It's the exact same thing and I won't sign it for that reason.
    If someone from Arkansas came on here and had a solution to our deer hunting with dogs problems we would be all over it.

http://www.scducks.com/forum/images/icons/icon7.gif
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

And we would take care of it ourselves, not ask them to sign our petitions. I can tell you're well intentioned and passionate about it, but it's not our battle to fight.

Edit: The only reason I can think they might need a little help is the sheer fact that they elected Bill Clinton their governor.
    Last edited by surfcock; 01-28-2015 at 08:45 PM.

And we would take care of it ourselves, not ask them to sign our petitions. I can tell you're well intentioned and passionate about it, but it's not our battle to fight.

Edit: The only reason I can think they might need a little help is the sheer fact that they elected Bill Clinton their governor.
    Good point about Clinton.
    All of this will actually be passed to a local who will run with it. With OOS sales of duck stamps increasing and actually may be higher than resident stamp sales, we do have a voice that will be heard. While some locals enjoy hunting with OOS people, some don't. However, most realize that the out of state hunters may actually be able to help with this situation.
    Also, please keep in mind that all of this revolves around a love of green timber hunting in Arkansas. If you don't understand "it" or enjoy "it' then you don't have to try to discredit or slow the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Good point about Clinton.
    All of this will actually be passed to a local who will run with it. With OOS sales of duck stamps increasing and actually may be higher than resident stamp sales, we do have a voice that will be heard. While some locals enjoy hunting with OOS people, some don't. However, most realize that the out of state hunters may actually be able to help with this situation.
    Also, please keep in mind that all of this revolves around a love of green timber hunting in Arkansas. If you don't understand "it" or enjoy "it' then you don't have to try to discredit or slow the process.
    Now that does make sense in regards to the OOS license sales and influx of hunters from other areas. I still feel like it's about equal to the Ohio folks coming in to my home town and telling us we need to do a beach renourishment because the beach isn't big enough at high tide though.

I haven't had a chance to get out that way and cut my teeth in the timber, but will be next season. I plan to do some freelancing and I'm pretty dang excited about it. That said, I applaud you for your passion, I still disagree with the principle of me as an OOS resident involving myself in any other state's issues unless it's a constitutional issue. I really do hope whatever happens it's best for the ducks though. I don't even own a SWD, so as long as they don't outlaw jerk strings I'll be just fine with whatever they decide.

I find it absolutely hysterical and hypocritical that a bunch of SC residents will sign a petition about what happens in another state.

Y'all spend more time in a day bitching about how outsiders fucked up "your" beloved state than just about anything else on this site.

Funny.
    Last edited by sprigdog; 01-29-2015 at 05:49 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I'll bet you didn't even use a SWD either. I am jealous, but I make no excuses. I live here by choice.
    Last edited by surfcock; 01-28-2015 at 10:06 PM.

I'll bet you didn't even use a SWD either. I am jealous, but I make no excuses. I live here by choice.
    No, i used one 50% of the time. Here in Oregon and in Washington any battery operated gizmo is outlawed.

I have a winduck. It spins when the wind is above 8-10 kts.

With that said, not once in 7 years did I use one in SC.

I drove to ND one year without one, within 2 days I drove 70 miles to buy one.

If i was in charge, I'd ban anything with a battery. Not for current issues, but i truly believe drones, holographs, etc are about to fuck it all up.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Well over 300 signatures. Keep spreading the word.
    http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/b...ll-wma-land-in

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I find it absolutely hysterical and hypocritical that a bunch of SC residents will sign a petition about what happens in another state.

Y'all spend more time in a day bitching about how outsiders fucked up "your" beloved state than just about anything else on this site.

Funny.
    Exactly who cares what AR does, lets focus our efforts on increasing duck numbers in SC.
    “Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it.”

― Norman Maclean