Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HH Gregg blows!!!

Default HH Gregg blows!!!

First I would like to thank Squatty for recommending me to just go ahead a buy a new washer and recommended hhgregg for financing reasons. So I went to the store in Greenville on Tuesday afternoon, the sales lady was awesome. Very knowledgable, listened to my wants and needs in a washer and set me up with a great deal and gave me free delivery and installation. So I decided to go ahead and pay it off up front and set the delivery up for Friday. The machine showed up Friday as scheduled with a 6" crease across the front. I refused delivery and they rescheduled a new machine to be delivered saturday (today). The wife and I had dinner plans until we were informed that the deliver window was between 5:30 and 8:30 pm. At 8 the delivery guy finally called letting us know that he unpacked our washer at his last stop only to discover that the glass lid was shattered. I called the store and they have none in stock in any local stores or their hub in Atlanta and all they could offer us was their floor model at a $75 discount on top of the $50 discount they gave us for the first botched delivery. They said they would not be able to deliver and install until Monday. With today being day 10 without a washing machine and laundry piked as high as the eye can see I told them that I had a truck and would deliver and install for $80 (their delivery fee) the guy laughed. I got a deal on the machine to begin with and already had the delivery fee waived upon purchase so at this point I'm looking at getting the floor model for $360 + $150 5 year warranty and the retail price is $799. We're obviously going to make sure that the floor model is in brand new condition before we bring it home or get our money back and take our business elsewhere. My question is what would you do? It's hard to say no to paying less than 50% retail but the other side of me wants to go elsewhere and pay full retail just to say F#%£ you!

This is said washer...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by TXFowler; 12-27-2014 at 09:28 PM.

Hope it's not a front loader smart wAsher or you gonna cuss more

No it's a top load

We had a similar experience. I ended up getting a dented floor model at about half price.

Don't even get me started on hhgreg I will pay double before I spend another dime of my money in there. I have had issues with the dryer and fridge to the point where they had to be replaced. If they come do warranty work make sure you document everything and get repair man to sign. You would figure after sending a repair man out 10 times for the same issue they would replace without question but nope. I even washed three loads of clothes and took them to the store and asked them to dry them for me last time should have seen the look on there face lol

We have that same washer, it's a nice machine. You'll enjoy it, if they ever deliver you one...

We have the same too. Great washer. Bought from HH also. We never had a problem with them.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

I hate HHGregg. Some Spic there stole my wife's identity and it was a DAMNED NIGHTMARE getting that shit straight. NEVER AGAIN will I step foot in there.

Shoulda gone to Lowe's.

S&G Wholesale
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

I may be wrong, but isn't samsung and lg only sold in big box retail outlets? If so, there's a reason for that.

In a previous life I sold, delivered, and installed appliances for a living. You would not believe the amount of damaged appliances right out of the box (from all manufactures). I mean...it's crazy stupid. In all honestly, it was probably not HH Greg's fault or at least not the store you dealt with's fault. Go get the floor model, enjoy your savings, and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    In a previous life I sold, delivered, and installed appliances for a living. You would not believe the amount of damaged appliances right out of the box (from all manufactures). I mean...it's crazy stupid. In all honestly, it was probably not HH Greg's fault or at least not the store you dealt with's fault. Go get the floor model, enjoy your savings, and be done with it.

I don't believe it to be their fault either. My biggest complaint is that we've been waiting for 5 days for a washer and they couldn't boot the last guy on Sunday's delivery to put me there.

I think at some point ALL stores are like that , my wife and I decided it was time for new living room furniture, so we went to rooms to go (where we got our bedroom set) picked out a black leather sectional and set up delivery. well after 8 days waiting on the furniture to get here it was the inverted model that would not work with our layout. sent it back, waited a week , wrong recliner that went with it....damn, third time is a charm right....wrong that dumbass sales guys got it wrong again! by now my wife is shitin. FINALLY got it right after 1 month of f'd up pieces coming. needless to say we got a $3,800 sectional for $ 3,000. so its not just hhgregg.

Quote Originally Posted by TXFowler View Post
    I don't believe it to be their fault either. My biggest complaint is that we've been waiting for 5 days for a washer and they couldn't boot the last guy on Sunday's delivery to put me there.

So you're more important than someone else that is expecting a delivery?

Well if you had of asked id have told you to stay away from their home delivery. That part BLOWS!!!!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Oh and screw a front loader "smart" washer!!!!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    From what the president of my clean clothes department tells me she loves our front loader. Hell she figured out how to use the timer function so that it finishes just as she is waking up so she can put the in the dryer. The truth is I would buy her whatever she wanted to keep the clothes clean. BTW scratch and dent is your friend don't be afraid to negotiate a new price if you you order new and it shows up scratched. They would much rather discount then than make a return trip. MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

For all of you front load smart washer haters...

Pro tip: read the manual, use only a fourth of soap as what you think you need as it only uses a fraction of the water. Instal a washer fan and watch the videos on this site http://washerfan.com/ I promise you of you know how to use and care for it you'll never go back. We've had ours for a couple years now and it's awsome.

Any truth to the rumor those front loading sumbitches are only gonna work right/not smell like ass as long as they are dead nuts level?