Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HH Gregg blows!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Any truth to the rumor those front loading sumbitches are only gonna work right/not smell like ass as long as they are dead nuts level?
    The reason front load washers smell is because people use too much soap and the suds build up in the vent pipe which eventually mildews. If you have a front load washer that smells replace the vent pipe...that's the only cure. Once you do that cut back on he soap and install the washer fan and you'll be good to go. It has nothing to do with the washer being level.
    Last edited by reeltight; 12-28-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Any truth to the rumor those front loading sumbitches are only gonna work right/not smell like ass as long as they are dead nuts level?
    You have to leave the door open on the front load washers, when not in use, to avoid the mildew smell.

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    From what the president of my clean clothes department tells me she loves our front loader. Hell she figured out how to use the timer function so that it finishes just as she is waking up so she can put the in the dryer. The truth is I would buy her whatever she wanted to keep the clothes clean. BTW scratch and dent is your friend don't be afraid to negotiate a new price if you you order new and it shows up scratched. They would much rather discount then than make a return trip. MG
    Well you'll know when it goes south because when you put on your freshly washed clothes and they smell like mold.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I don't have one, just curious for future reference.

Quote Originally Posted by Duke View Post
    You have to leave the door open on the front load washers, when not in use, to avoid the mildew smell.
    How about make the damn washer so that you can close the door and not smell like shit!

The man makes a good point here....

Most front load washers have a little clip that hold the door open about 1/2".

You oughta be able to shut a door....especially a glass door.

I like things to function properly. These washers sound like they're made for online gamers what with ya having to go online and look up all the "cheat codes" to make them work as intended.

The repair guy up the road from me says the front loaders are all garbage.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by cut em' View Post
    I'm no damn repair guy but I'll tell you theu are a colossal waste of your damn money!

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    I hate HHGregg. Some Spic there stole my wife's identity and it was a DAMNED NIGHTMARE getting that shit straight. NEVER AGAIN will I step foot in there.

Shoulda gone to Lowe's.
    X2

Shit happens. People make mistakes, I see it all the time working in retail. I had a customer come to me after I fixed a shit show of problems we caused and said "all is well that ends well". Sounds like you are getting a good deal, and those Samsung top loaders are great.

The man makes a good point here....
    Good help is hard to find...

Quote Originally Posted by cut em' View Post
    I had a lg and a Samsung and both were fucks

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    The reason front load washers smell is because people use too much soap and the suds build up in the vent pipe which eventually mildews. If you have a front load washer that smells replace the vent pipe...that's the only cure. Once you do that cut back on he soap and install the washer fan and you'll be good to go. It has nothing to do with the washer being level.
    Mine is 4 years old. I sell the darn things, and I've yet to hear this one...

We are fortunate enough to have a laundry room vs. a closet. We leave the door open, and ours still smells like new 4 years later.

They stink because they're wet, dark, and air-tight. Kinda like an unkempt pussy, if you really wanna think about it that way.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Mine is 4 years old. I sell the darn things, and I've yet to hear this one...

We are fortunate enough to have a laundry room vs. a closet. We leave the door open, and ours still smells like new 4 years later.

They stink because they're wet, dark, and air-tight. Kinda like an unkempt pussy, if you really wanna think about it that way.
    I've had mine for a couple of years too and it's still fine as the day we bought it. Go to one of your floor models at Lowe's...Look on the back of it, generally in the top right corner on the back of the cabinet you will see a vent about the size of a golf ball. That vent has a tube that runs to the holes in the bottom of the door gasket. You have to leave the door open to for the air to circulate through that vent, if not, that tube is what mildews and smells. The washer fan I keep referring to hooks up to that vent and forces air through the tube at all times so you are not relying on a draft that may or may not happen when you close your closet door.

so what you're saying is if I buy a washing machine that already cost like a freaking grand and can link up to the internet and play songs when the cycle ends 'n shit like that, I then need to go spend more freaking money to get a fan to hook up to some tiny tube so I can shut the door and prevent it from mildewing........

AGAIN!!!!! I'll say this

How about make the damn washer so that you can close the door and not smell like shit!

and if I'm already having to take out a damn loan to pay for the damn thing I shouldn't then have to be coming out of pocket for ANYTHING else just so I can shut the door and prevent it mildewing!

Sears use to make washers that lasted like 10 or 15 years!!!! I don't ever remember my parents having to buy a new damn washer and dryer! EVER! With the way these things are made these days you need a new one (unless you leave the damn door open) every 6 months!

NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe they could incorporate suttin' tha fuck into tha door dat would open a vent when tha door was shut n' washer was not cycling. But, I smoke wit Squatty, pay dat kind of scrilla n' you shouldn't gotta do jump all up in hoops ta git yo' threadz washed without dem smellin like ass.

And to be perfectly honest those front end loaders don't clean your clothes all that well. You got a stain, might as well go but anew shirt! Because they don't make enough Shout, Fab, or OxyClean to get it out! See back in the day all you needed was a little liquid Tide. Rub some of that on the stain and toss into the old washer that had an agitater!

Squatty, Whirlpool makes them with fans pre-installed. It's listed as "fan-fresh" and says it'll dry a small load overnight in the washer.