Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Go Pro ?

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Go Pro Hero Black............1st attempt.

catdaddy, thats pretty good quality. I'm not getting that good on youtube. what are you using for your settings on the camera, and for youtube are you changing any of the settings before uploading?

i mainly use mine to send footage of clients dogs working, so I'm looking at a wider FOV and further distances than in yours.

I was using the medium FOV and recorded in HD.....something like 1072 pixels.

It took Over 45 minutes to upload to YouTube. I never used that high of quality with my Sony because my videos were 6-8 minutes and would have taken hours to upload.. I always just uploaded for play a on a computer ....which is SD ...I think.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    I have the 3 Black so I don't have the screen. I always carry 2 batteries so that was never an issue.

Never really separated the camera and the phone to see the range but I'd say it would work out to 20-30 yds. I always wear the camera on the head strap so don't really have experience with other mounts.
    This thought is potentially genius. A golden nugget if you will, as long as you don't shoot the dang thing. I'm thinking a mount on a 4x4 post maybe 10 yards in front of you and in\on the edge of your decoys right above water level. Angle it up and it might work really nicely.
    Last edited by surfcock; 01-05-2015 at 11:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    This thought is potentially genius. A golden nugget if you will, as long as you don't shoot the dang thing. I'm thinking a mount on a 4x4 post maybe 10 yards in front of you and in\on the edge of your decoys right above water level. Angle it up and it might work really nicely.
    If you've watched any turkey hunting shows with footage of the turkey right at the decoy and it appears that the camera is right on top of the action......

Well your thought is pretty much what they are doing. Except they are using little tripods. The only reason I haven't tried this is because well I can't afford another GoPro and quite frankly I don't really care that much
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I'll give it a go sometime when I get the courage up. Those little things sure aren't cheap. I'll do it on a solo hunt for sure. I have a hard enough time trusting myself not to shoot the thing. No way I trust someone else to avoid it.

Edit: I've got to be especially careful since the one I have isn't owned by me, but rather a borrowed Hero 3+.
    Last edited by surfcock; 01-06-2015 at 12:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Go Pro Hero Black............1st attempt.

Epic! Most awesome thing I've seen in a while.