Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Woodcock!

Yall trip me the hell out with all this bitching about newbies. I have a few very close friends that If it wasn't for me they wouldn't know shit about hunting. Not everyone was fortunate enough to have parents that raised them in the outdoors. Why don't yall get off your whining judgemental asses and offer to teach a few of the younger generation the ins and outs/do's and don'ts and maybe, just maybe the end result will be a few less of these "rubberheads" or delinquents for our kids to bitch about!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    scducks c/o2010

That is cool. I hunt in Greenwood. I had never seen nor looked for these birds. Last spring I saw a post like this. A few weeks later I was scouting for turkey and flushed one. I never would have know what it was if I had not seen it here. Makes me want to figure out how to foster the population. I'm glad to have learned something.

One of my favorite birds. Thanks for sharing.

Duckjunkie x100 could not agree more

Cool birds. Their mating ritual is one of the coolest things in nature. Love to see them maple leafing back to earth.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

First bird I ever took with a shotgun. Over a brace of Brittanies, with my little .410 single shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post
    Cool birds. Their mating ritual is one of the coolest things in nature. Love to see them maple leafing back to earth.

It is pretty cool. Saw it last year for the first time in a while. I was talking to an avid birder (not a hunter at all) a few days later about it. Told him where and when I had seen it. Fella spent the next two weeks at that spot for 30 minutes to an hour each day and never saw a single woodcock.

We had so many 3 years ago that it was insane. I have a tower stand where they would drive you nuts around sunset every night.

Do you eat them, if so how do they taste and how do you cook them?

Quote Originally Posted by Catdaddy View Post

This is truly an awesome sight. They pile in the cutover behind the house as spring nears and right at dusk we can watch 10-15 birds court.

Duckjunkie....Good job and cannot wait for my pup to get of age to point a few.
    Last edited by Smilee; 12-22-2014 at 08:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by timetohunt View Post
    Here's your boy...one of "those guys" they warned you about. Now, this guy and eight of his friends will take aunt Lynn's cocker spaniel and their SBEs out behind the neighborhood and someone is apt to come home with a limp.
    Last edited by Fish; 12-22-2014 at 08:07 AM.

Prime example above...............

I have taken many younger people and taught them. Now it is biting me in the butt because there is not enough land to go around in this state and you just can't fix the way people were raised. 90% of wildlife uses 10% of the land. Know Dat.

I mean look what happened to duck hunting in this state. The same thing will happen to woodcock. The blood lusting folks that can't seem to kill a duck are ready to kill woodcock. It's all about the tail gate pic with the yeti to them.

Just enjoy them and keep it to yourself.
    Last edited by BRR; 12-22-2014 at 08:15 AM.

Yes, I would just about rather have a woodcock over a quail. I cook them just like a quail also.

scducks c/o2010

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post
    I mean look what happened to duck hunting in this state. The same thing will happen to woodcock. The blood lusting folks that can't seem to kill a duck are ready to kill woodcock. It's all about the tail gate pic with the yeti to them.

Holy Shit, do you even listen to half the crap that spews from the dick sucker of yours? I guess you knew everything from the time you fell out of your mother in the walmart parking lot?

Fucking hypocrites, the lot of you, with your fucking assumptions of what someone may do if you pass on some knowledge. Go choke on your ego and fucking die.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 12-22-2014 at 08:24 AM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Yikes
    Quote Originally Posted by B.Miller View Post
    Who fucking cares? Fuck.

BRR,
    I think I know where you're coming from on this. But I just don't see where a photo or a short write-up is going to inspire someone to run out and buy a GSP and a copy of Guy De LA Valdene's Making Game and start killing all of SC timber doodles.

It's a great photo and hunt worthy of sharing.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by BRR View Post

CAN YOU SAY HYPOCRITE!!!

scducks c/o2010

Everybody was a "newbie" once.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    Holy Shit, do you even listen to half the crap that spews from the dick sucker of yours? I guess you knew everything from the time you fell out of your mother in the walmart parking lot?

Fucking hypocrites, the lot of you, with your fucking assumptions of what someone may do if you pass on some knowledge. Go choke on your ego and fucking die.
    Dang, Covell. The idea of a bunch of rubberheads skybusting and stomping through every swamp in SC must be near and dear to your heart.

So tell us. Are you one of them? I see that avatar...