Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Enoree WMA

Well that ain't happening now so congrats on the good killin of days gone by! A buddy of mine was a guide on a wounded warrior hunt they had there either last year or the year before and said the ducks poured in there. This hunt was a special hunt during the week though. With sky busting, that ain't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    I think I have figured it out! I hunted the Enoree River WMA with a few buddies of mine for the first time on Saturday. It really is a pretty impoundment and has tons of potential. There were a good many woodies trying to come in but people were shooting at them honestly like 70 yards up in the air. I only saw 2 birds come down the whole morning and they were clipped and glided down. I'm sure they weren't recovered. After the hunt, I watched the people come out from where the sky busting came from and they were all between say 16 and 21 years old. I'm thinking that if an age limit was imposed of say 25 and up, it would cut all that out. By the time people turn 25, they are out of school, working, have families, etc, and only the serious duck hunters are going. When you are in school, you have all the free time and no reaponsibilities so that's why all the sky busters are out there. The Enoree WMA could be an awesome place if people would let the birds come in. I won't be going back, but that place has a ton of potential!

I've donated time, money, and sweat helping getting that place going a few times and you sir are a big reason the place is a shit show. Spreading this info over the web so ever tom, dick, and larry will now give it a shot. Why not give out directions and pin it for the the public to see on the web. I'm glad you aren't coming back one less dip shit to worry about.

As for fixing the WMA I think making all of them a draw hunt would be the answer. I know a lot of people will bitch but if you want to skybust public water go to anyone of the public waterways SC has to offer. I for one am not volunteering any of my time and effort to another CAT II WMA because the DNR just does not care about managing these correctly. We have mentioned limiting hunter, lowering shell limits, etc but it all falls to deaf ears. I have even brought up doing it like they do at the carp pond, have a 4:30 am draw for spots and only a select number of spots.

Carp pond?!?!?!
    867-5309

Well that ain't happening now so congrats on the good killin of days gone by!
    Well NO shit Moondick
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

You mentioned "A good many woodies" and the place you saw them in the same sentence. You won't find a parking spot down there Saturday.
    Last edited by Drakey; 12-15-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Relentlous View Post
    Carp pond?!?!?!
    Pay lake? I know you have heard of these carp tournaments at local pay lake impoundments.

Quote Originally Posted by MorningWoody View Post
    Pay lake? I know you have heard of these carp tournaments at local pay lake impoundments.
    No way! I'm not from around those parts! I live the salt life nah mean yo
    867-5309

Can we go ahead and start a thread that says this thread led me to enoree and all you do is sign your name. It will be by far the longest thread yet.

No way! I'm not from around those parts! I live the salt life nah mean yo
    Its actually quite fun, if you are ever in the upstate and wanting to win some big money and tangle with fish over 20-30 lbs, hit me up. Its about the most redneck thing ever, almost like the poker machines of fishing lol.

Its actually quite fun, if you are ever in the upstate and wanting to win some big money and tangle with fish over 20-30 lbs, hit me up. Its about the most redneck thing ever, almost like the poker machines of fishing lol.
    That sounds badass
    867-5309

Moondick is my new favorite word!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

So Rabbitman09, how many times did you and your buddies shoot?

That sounds badass

Yep, all you need is some cereal, red Koolaid, corn meal and flour.

We have mentioned limiting hunter, lowering shell limits, etc but it all falls to deaf ears.
    Imo, this is the only solution to fix the category 2's we have. At some point it becomes a safety issue moreso than sky busting Ducks and shooting 10 minutes before legal like they do every weekend. What's it going to take? Someone getting killed to change things.

I talked to a DNR officer about this and he said the reason they couldn't do a morning lottery system was because it would cost to much money and they are short staffed. I call BS. Charge a $10 non refundable entry and pull one or two of the GW in the county the WMA is in an do the draw. Charge more if need be to cover any and all costs. I'm sure people would pay that for a quality hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by scduckcmdr View Post
    Imo, this is the only solution to fix the category 2's we have. At some point it becomes a safety issue moreso than sky busting Ducks and shooting 10 minutes before legal like they do every weekend. What's it going to take? Someone getting killed to change things.

I talked to a DNR officer about this and he said the reason they couldn't do a morning lottery system was because it would cost to much money and they are short staffed. I call BS. Charge a $10 non refundable entry and pull one or two of the GW in the county the WMA is in an do the draw. Charge more if need be to cover any and all costs. I'm sure people would pay that for a quality hunt.

It could be set up online and one IT person could manage the entire state.

But good luck with that. We all know what happened this year with the Cat I email notices...
    Last edited by Murray; 12-15-2014 at 01:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    It could be set up online and one IT person could manage the entire state.

But good luck with that. We all know what happened this year with the Cat I email notices...
    No when someone gets shot or killed the state would probably shut down our WMAs all of them CAT I and CAT II. So lets hope that doesn't happen. All we can do is fight the good fight. Write emails, letters, etc. Be vocal don't just say oh well and pack it in. Buying licences, tags, and permits gives us a say, we need to take advantage of it and make our voice heard louder. Make them open only during weekdays. That would limit some, but a morning draw would work wonders. Or a draw the night before. Pay 20 bucks to get your name entered into the drawing each time. Hold the drawing the day before, and only allow those hunters in. Id pay if I could get a decent hunt in with some elbow room.

Didn't you already read I was shot at one.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Didn't you already read I was shot at one.
    by a moondick?!
    Seeing these soulless vanilla ice lookin Yankees on a bassboat is worse than watching a woman get her implants taken out. It's just wrong. Get back in your Lund and go back to infisherman.

Quote Originally Posted by Smilee View Post
    So Rabbitman09, how many times did you and your buddies shoot?
    I finally said the heck with it and took 2 cracks with 3 1/2 inch speedballs and broke ones wing. Of course I couldn't find it. My buddy who rode with me didn't shoot and my buddy who met us there killed one and shot 4 times.

I finally said the heck with it and took 2 cracks with 3 1/2 inch speedballs and broke ones wing. Of course I couldn't find it. My buddy who rode with me didn't shoot and my buddy who met us there killed one and shot 4 times.
    Oh just damn. We've been duped by an alias. Has to be.
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 12-15-2014 at 01:49 PM.