Thread: Food ideas....

Default Food ideas....

Any recommendations on good eats for the picky youngens? My oldest just wants yogurt, fruit, and crackers..... Need some tricks or secrets to get her to try differant foods?

My dad always said eat it or I'll cut your ass. I never had an issue with too much, but someone needs to ask Reeltight about eating rutabagas.
    Last edited by Luvin' Labs; 12-13-2014 at 07:29 PM.

Good luck. If you can figure that out, please let me know. We keep hot dogs and bologna in the fridge because of our youngest. Our oldest will eat just about anything that I eat, other than puddin, but the youngest drives me crazy when it comes to eating.

The cut ass approach is in the future. She just turned 4yrs old. Fuzz, it is frustrating. She won't even try pizza... Seems like all the kiddo functions we go to has pizza, and I have to pack ritz crackers and gogurts

Hunger is the best cook. They don't eat what you make, they go hungry. They will only fight for for a few hours
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I dangle a dollar bill. My kid is one of the best eaters I've ever seen, and I think it is because of this. A dollar gets him to try it. He can finish on his own accord.

He'll eat almost any veggie like its goin' outta style!
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 12-13-2014 at 08:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mhogancu View Post
    Hunger is the best cook. They don't eat what you make, they go hungry. They will only fight for for a few hours
    That's what we tell my girl. She is the pickiest eater I have ever seen in my life. It makes me so angry cause every night is a battle to get her to eat unless it's butter noodles rice or pizza
    867-5309

Send them to bed hungry. They will eat eventually.

Tonight my five and three year old had white acre peas, cauliflower, mashed potatoes, and beer butt chicken. Tore it up. I just say no to most junk and they eat like pigs on good food. They know the drill. Eat or go to bed hungry!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

My 6 year old is a picky eater but my 3 year old will eat anything. Don't know what it is, he is just afraid to try new things and sometimes he finds out that he likes them. But getting the food from the plate to his mouth is the hard part.

Uncrustable PB&J.....little girl is picky too, but she would eat these along with yogurt, butter noodles, Mac Cheese, and chocolate all day. At least they have protein and carbs as well
    Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    A man learns a lot about himself in a thicket with a big hog. That dog already knows all he needs to know about himself.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    I dangle a dollar bill. My kid is one of the best eaters I've ever seen, and I think it is because of this. A dollar gets him to try it. He can finish on his own accord.

He'll eat almost any veggie like its goin' outta style!

And who says you can't learn useful stuff in strip clubs ?

Dolla, dollabill, Yo !

Mine both love Salmon for some reason. Sea salt and a little dill. Put on roasting pan in oven for 30-40min on 350. about half way through, pour a good bit of raw local honey over it. Its kinda overcooked that long, but thats how they like it.

For veggies, I steam broccoli, green beans, cauliflower, etc. I make them eat it, but they don't put up much fuss. They know they aren't getting up until they do. Cut off TV or whatever they like for a week if they don't listen.

Get a good blender. I do a peanut butter (PB2 Powder), banana, greek yogurt, flax seed, whey protein smoothie that they think is a milkshake. Tons of other ways to hide the yuck in the with good when you go the smoothie route. They enjoy making them too.
    Last edited by PUDDY-T; 01-03-2015 at 09:26 PM.

I used to have a dog that would eat collards.... Well he didn't the first couple days but he warmed up to them.

We deal with picky eaters. Our youngest is the worst. We went with the starve them approach. Put a certain meal out and let her chose to eat. That was until her pjs would not stay up because of the weight she lost.
    Never underestimate the will power of a three year old.
    We certainly don't raise our kids to push us around, but I have learned a lot about patience and choosing battles.

Starting k-5 helped a lot with the older one as she say what other kids were eating.

In the meantime, here is a funny link about it.....

http://t.today.com/parents/picky-eat...ers-1D80225193

Quote Originally Posted by locked up View Post
    I used to have a dog that would eat collards.... Well he didn't the first couple days but he warmed up to them.

A neighbors cocker spaniel will eat green beans, cherry tomatoes, okra, and pretty much anything else that will come out of the garden raw or cooked. He also loves the skin of a filleted crappie.

And I can't crack a pecan in the yard without having to share some with him.

your kids are picky eaters because you made them that way.

Stop doing what your kids want and do what is best for them. I can assure you that the whining and complaining wont last near as long as the diabetes.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    your kids are picky eaters because you made them that way.

Stop doing what your kids want and do what is best for them. I can assure you that the whining and complaining wont last near as long as the diabetes.
    Exactly what I was thinking.

Old man told me when we had our first baby that if you have a pig & a baby and give both of them everything they want, you'll end up with a sorry youngin' and one fine hog.
    Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    Go Tigers!