Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Rat View Post
    Anxiety sucks.

The best things I've found for it are time in the woods, prayer, and shooting guns. But it's always back there. Work is the primary contributor, but it's better now that some changes have been implemented.

Agreed.

I've suffered from what would be considered major anxiety for the better part of 15 years. I can always remember being extra "nervous" growing up playing sports and before tests etc. but my sophomore year in college it hit me like a freaking ton of bricks. I had a lot of different things going on. The stress of baseball, the stress of my family literally falling apart and my parents getting divorced when I was 20 years old, my sister going to jail. It was not a good time in my life. To the point where I bet I wasn't sleeping an hour at night.

It's gotten better but there are definitely things that still trigger it. Work is one of them. My phone starts ringing about 730 in the morning and stops about 7 PM. Emails call me at all hours of the night. I don't know why I do it to myself. There's nothing I can do about it at 2 o'clock in the morning anyway so I don't know why I just don't wait until the next day to take care of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    MM, do you work from home or answer work calls etc when you're off?

This was my main problem years ago when I had this trouble. I felt that as a business owner that in order to be successful I had to always be accessible. I did that and it made me not only crazy but also almost made me hate my job.

I drew a line in the sand and put up a do not cross sign. And there are no exceptions. When I am off, I am off. Period. The place could be burning for all I care. Call the Fire Dept and I'll deal with it Monday.

I also made a decision that I wouldn't waste a minute of my life worrying about things over which I had no control. Wasted effort and energy.

Both of those decisions have had a huge positive impact on my life. I'm a better person/father and a better doctor as a result.
    I love you
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

I know, man. I know.

I have some serious thoughts going through my head right now about life and living, values and what society values, and how everything got so twisted. Maybe I'll have time to post them later. Life shouldn't be this difficult, right?
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

You only get to do it once.

Mollie-make two lists.

1--all the things that bother you
    2-all the things you can do to fix them

concentrate on list 2

I have said it before. I used to worry about world peace and hunger and politics. Now I worry about me and my kids and what's inside the walls around me. Its not that I dont have compassion for the bigger picture, but I have decided to bring my focus in a lot tighter. I fix things.....that I can.

Life can be very difficult. It can also be very rewarding. The difficult times make the rewarding times that much better.

Amen, toof. And you cannot serve others if you are broken and not well.

It's the "Put YOUR oxygen mask on before trying to assist others" rule. It's not just for airplanes.
    Last edited by Glenn; 12-18-2014 at 04:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Amen, toof. And you cannot serve others if you are broken and not well.

It's the "Put YOUR oxygen mask on before trying to assist others" rule. It's not just for airplanes.

Exactly. I heard a preacher the other day use that reference but can't remember for the life of me who it was

Dude, this is so simple....

Get in the bed, open a book, and start reading. You'll be snoring in like two minutes and thirty seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Get in the bed, open a book, and start reading. You'll be snoring in like two minutes and thirty seconds.
    I read from 9pm last night until 1am. The night before, up until 12:30, and I stopped because I finished a book and didn't want to start a new one.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    I have some serious thoughts going through my head right now about life and living, values and what society values, and how everything got so twisted. Maybe I'll have time to post them later. Life shouldn't be this difficult, right?
    Glenn and 2th nailed it. Good luck Wes.
    “We as a group now have a greater moral responsibility to act than those who live
    in ignorance. Once you become knowledgeable, you have an obligation to do
    something about it.”—Ron Paul

Dang

If you haven't go talk to someone.

Quote Originally Posted by Fish View Post

Not everybody does things as well as Fish, all we can do is try.

Sup MD? Hope you're well.

I agree wif 2th and Glenda, good advise.

G

Sent you a PM MM

Some folks just worry a lot. I use to worry all the time until I ran my own business and I just had to learn to let tomorrow take care of itself. My wife takes ambien if she didn't she can't sleep at all. Her mind just is constantly running over stuff. One of the Perks of being stupid is you don't worry about much so I got that going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    If you haven't go talk to someone.
    Solid advice here. You can talk a lot of it away. You're engaged right? You should be able to talk to your soon to be wife about anything and everything. She SHOULD be willing to listen and help. Don't hold back either. If that doesn't help, find a professional. Sometimes we twist out own minds up so bad, it takes someone who knows what they're doing to untie the knots. It's absolutely nothing o be ashamed of. It's also always helped me to talk to people who've dealt with similar issues.

i would do anything before i took a pill to sleep.

Its SLEEP. I guarantee you that you cant live without it.

Keep going forward.