Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sleep

Default Sleep

Its been kicking my ass here lately. I lay in bed every night until 1-2 in the morning then back up at 6. It's killing my recovery, my brain, and I'm sure everything is out of whack as well. I've tried backing off of training, adding in more training, I drink one cup of coffee every morning at the same time (7:30am) and thats it, water for the rest of the day. I guess work has been a little stressful and I can't seem to shut my mind down at the end of the day. I have tried reading books, tv on/off, benadryl and melatonin are a joke, tried 5-htp and that works once every 4-5 tries, don't really want to try alcohol. If I do sleep well, it is usually one night a week and its because I am so drained that I can't even function, then it slowly works it way back into the wee hours of the morning.

So I'm here looking for tips, tricks, and maybe supplements to get me back on track.

Thanks.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 12-10-2014 at 04:18 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Never tried it, and it could be an old wives tale, but my grandmother swears by a glass of warm milk to help settle her down.

My mother recommended the same thing, but milk and I don't get a long.

Tried ZMA as well and you wanna talk about digestive issues. It reminded me of the Shit Chronicles thread that was on here a while back.. Holy hell.
    Last edited by MolliesMaster; 12-10-2014 at 04:21 PM.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Don't crawl into bed until you are ready to sleep. Don't sit there watching TV. Make sure the room is dark and quiet. Say your prayers and start counting your blessing, you won't finish them.

Always had a problem sleeping until I started doing that (especially the latter part), now I'm out like a light.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Try the melatonin pills

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie1976 View Post
    Try the melatonin pills
    I tried those, gave me a raging case of the shits.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

zzzquil works for me

reefer & ambien
    Last edited by Murray; 12-10-2014 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Luvin' Labs View Post
    Never tried it, and it could be an old wives tale, but my grandmother swears by a glass of warm milk to help settle her down.
    How about a nice warm glass of shut the hell up! JK. My doctor prescribed me Seroquel and it works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by wooduck34 View Post
    zzzquil works for me
    I'm pretty sure thats diphenhydramine which is the same as benadryl.

I've tried melatonin from microgram dosages up to 5mgs.

Reefer would be great, if only I was in Colorado.

I'm very cautious to use ambien, the sleep you achieve with that is the same as being sedated so your body doesn't actually go through the same cycles. There have been studies on soldiers and seals that show the abuse of ambien affects hormone production and uptake that would normally function well in a person who is sleeping naturally.

It doesn't help me GET to sleep, but my CPAP has allowed me the best QUALITY of sleep I've had in decades.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

tap some booty...

After sex = sleep

Or just run a batch yourself if sex is not an option.

Have you tried herbal tea? If not, give it a try. Use honey instead of sugar to sweeten it.
    Last edited by fuzzy; 12-10-2014 at 10:23 PM.

Get outdoors more. When I've been at the farm, or just simply outside with the dog playing fetch. I sleep. It soothes the soul, mine anyway.
    Go Tigers!!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzy View Post
    Have you tried herbal tea? If not, give it a try. Use honey instead of sugar to sweeten it.

Sleepy Time Tea (kcup now available) recorded race or golf.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    My mother recommended the same thing, but milk and I don't get a long.
    Heard water has the same affect.

If you can't seem to shut your mind down, don't take anything. Unless you want a script for a benzo.

No stimulants 3 hours before bed, don't browse on your phone, computer, or tv.

Read, read read (paper). And jot your thoughts down on a notepad next to your bed if you cannot fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    tap some booty...

This works for me.

I went through a phase a couple of months ago and used some over the counter sleep meds that a friend recommended and they worked like a charm. It won't take long before you can easily ween yourself off. Stress is a bitch and passes just like the rest of life. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk