Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: beretta A300 Xtrema

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina Counsel View Post

I also held the Winchester SX3, which the guy claims is just like the Browning Maxus without the tube cut off. It felt dang good, but I've never owned a Winchester, always been partial to the "b" guns.

Any info on the A300 Xtrema would be appreciated.
    The Maxus is a peice of crap compared to the SX3. He can say what he wants. As for the Berettas they are good guns just be ready to clean it constantly.
    80-20 Genaration

Quote Originally Posted by Duckman#1 View Post
    The Maxus is a peice of crap compared to the SX3. He can say what he wants. As for the Berettas they are good guns just be ready to clean it constantly.
    If there was ever a gun I didn't have to worry about cleaning constantly it has been my berettas. My benelli on the other hand has to be striped down and cleaned, lubed, and put away gently after every hunt or it will give me issues.

. As for the Berettas they are good guns just be ready to clean it constantly.

I disagree on the cleaning.

Ive been breaking down and cleaning my SX2 after every trip for 5 years, saltwater.

If i have to clean a beretta every other trip. Bonus
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I have a SBE II and clean it after every hunt because of Saltwater and the fact that I want to take care of my investment. Not to mention the last thing I want to hear is a 'click'. I haven't ever had a problem with mine and have mine covered in pluff mud.
    “Everyone should believe in something; I believe I’ll go fishing.” –Henry David Thoreau

Quote Originally Posted by jws View Post
    http://www.cabelas.ca/product/61959/...i-auto-shotgun

According to Cabelas they are 1200 bucks

Found it on Cabela's for $1000
    http://www.cabelas.com/product/BERET...UN/1877244.uts

That new browning A-5 is one bad Motha! Got rid of my Benelli jam-O-matic and scooped up that new A-5 in Mossy Oak Bottomlands. Shoots anything you can run through it!

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbitman09 View Post
    That new browning A-5 is one bad Motha! Got rid of my Benelli jam-O-matic and scooped up that new A-5 in Mossy Oak Bottomlands. Shoots anything you can run through it!
    I just couldn't get used to that thick grip on the A5, not to mention its looks.

Ended up buying the A300 Xtrema. I'll be giving her a test run at the Delta draw hunt next weekend.
    Carolina Counsel

I love my outlander. Caught it on sale at dicks last year for $599

Between Canada, AR and here, about 2 cases. I just cleaned my SBE for the first time this season. The 3 Berettas I've have would have been cleaned 3 or 4 times, more so if it gets wet.
    80-20 Genaration

I had the the A300 xtrema and traded it for the SBE II. If you get a chance compare the A300 outlander and the A300 xtrema in person and you will see a huge difference. The xtrema is a lot better gun the the outlander it has the same bolt as the A400, Deweys pawn shop in Greenville has it marked for $999.00 but you can get it cheaper cash.

Between Canada, AR and here, about 2 cases. I just cleaned my SBE for the first time this season. The 3 Berettas I've have would have been cleaned 3 or 4 times, more so if it gets wet.
    Funny, I have had just the opposite experience with my beretta and benelli. Both berettas will shoot no matter how nasty they get. The benelli is a finicky bitch that likes to be cleaned constantly.

Not sure what Berettas you are referring to.

My Xtrema2 is a stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Dub View Post
    Not sure what Berettas you are referring to.

My Xtrema2 is a stud.
    I've had a few of them. Extrema, extrema II , al 390, al 391. Good guns. The first extrema I had I wore out . Could nt tell you how many shells but a shit load. The extrema 2 i had broke parts left and right. Just tired of cleaning them. Especially if they get wet , wading, dog shaking, snow, rain they get nasty. I hunt in those conditions every day. Been shoting a SBE II for last 2 seasons and like only cleaning it 2-3 times a season. That's just me and my option and as you can see from this thread there are a lot of opinions.
    80-20 Genaration