Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: beretta A300 Xtrema

Default beretta A300 Xtrema

I went to the gun shop prepared to pick up the Beretta A300 Outlander. They showed me the A300 Xtrema as well, which I hadn't heard of (have heard of the old Xtrema II, but not the 300 Xtrema). Does anyone know anything about the A300 Xtrema? There aren't many reviews on the web. Anyone own one? Thoughts?

I also held the Winchester SX3, which the guy claims is just like the Browning Maxus without the tube cut off. It felt dang good, but I've never owned a Winchester, always been partial to the "b" guns.

Any info on the A300 Xtrema would be appreciated.
    Carolina Counsel

I can't help you on the Xtrema, but I do own the Outlander. I have had it over a year now and it has become my primary shotgun. Shoot it at everything that flies. Never had a jam or misfire. I just wish it would shoot 3 1/2" shells but I haven't found a situation where I need them. Went hunting Jan 25 last year when it was 8 degrees with a couple buddies. One was shooting an 870 and the other a Benelli semi (I am not sure which one) they both had issues with their guns freezing and not cycling. No problem from the outlander. I know you weren't looking for opinions on the Outlander just thought I would throw out my 2 cents.

Every extrema I have owned was a work horse. If it fits you well, and patterns well...you can be confident in the guns ability to kill shit.

Default beretta A300 Xtrema

I have the sx3. It is an improved browning gold or silver (I can't remember). Shares the same gas system and other things as the browning and it has the inflex recoil pad like the maxus. The sx3 does point differently than the maxus, has no mag tube cutoff, and the more recent models do not feature dura touch like the old sx3's. I would highly recommend one.

I talked my brother into getting an outlander last year and after shooting it, I would say it is also a great gun. With the captured gas piston, regardless of how much you shoot it it stays extremely clean. I know my gun has a 3.5" chamber but ou don't need anything more than a 3" gun like the outlander to kill birds. It is a great gun. I can't say much about the a300 xtrema- I didn't know they even made one.
    Last edited by Gone South; 12-03-2014 at 03:24 PM.

What gun shop? What is the price?

http://www.cabelas.ca/product/61959/...i-auto-shotgun

According to Cabelas they are 1200 bucks

I bought the sx3 this year after talking with several people and shooting all the guns. I liked the low weight and light recoil in the sx3. It also pointed better for me than sbe.
    HRCH DOC'S LIL LEGACY MH

Rebadged Extrema 2 from what I can see. I would eat it up all day at $1000. On sale at Cabelas.
    Last edited by kquinn; 12-03-2014 at 03:50 PM.

here is an article on it. It was originally marketed outside of the US, but it seems as if they brought it here this year. It looks like the a400 extreme but without the aqua off and rubber inserts.

http://www.berettanewzealand.com/wp-...r-14-86-87.pdf

Beretta's are bad ass! And they kill shit dead!
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Got the A400 Extrema, badass gun. Glad I let myself get talked into it.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Didn't Browning buy Winchester and simply redesigned the SX3 with Invector chokes?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by kquinn View Post
    What gun shop? What is the price?
    Cabelas. On sale for $1000. Can't find anywhere else that has them in Greenville. Cabelas also had the best price on the Outlander, which is also on sale.
    Carolina Counsel

Thanks for the info Mudminnow. Thanks for the input from you other guys, as well. I now have to figure out whether the Xtrema is worth an extra $250 over the Outlander. Decisions, decisions.
    Carolina Counsel

A fella I hunted with two years ago had one of the first sx3's. It malfunctioned on the hunt. We proceeded to break it down in the blind and couldn't get it right. I felt so bad offered to take it home and work on it. Long story short, he had worn the thing out. Sent all the pieces and a nice letter to Winchester and I'll be damned if they didn't send back a band new one. That's customer service!
    you aint did a dawg gon thang until ya STAND UP IN IT!- Theodis Ealey

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    The older I get, the more anal retentive I get.

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    Didn't Browning buy Winchester and simply redesigned the SX3 with Invector chokes?

FN owns both browning and Winchester

My gunsmith just told me i need to bury my SX2. Barrel gone. $399 for just barrel.
    12 years and a couple boxes of shells thru it. Best $20 raffle ticket i ever bought.

Just spent 3 hours researching semi guns. Thought about a double, but cant afford one that will hold up.

The last shotgun i ever paid more than $20 for was a model 120 winchester in 1987 for $189. Gun is still my backup. I do not know how to use a pump anymore. Freaking hilarious, jacking shells out, squeezing on empty chambers. Muscle memory is gone.

I just found the a300 outlanders for $649 at bass pro and cabelas.

Reviews are all good. Thats alot of money for a shotgun, got to bite the bullet.
    Last edited by sprigdog; 12-03-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by thms85 View Post
    I can't help you on the Xtrema, but I do own the Outlander. I have had it over a year now and it has become my primary shotgun. Shoot it at everything that flies. Never had a jam or misfire. I just wish it would shoot 3 1/2" shells but I haven't found a situation where I need them. Went hunting Jan 25 last year when it was 8 degrees with a couple buddies. One was shooting an 870 and the other a Benelli semi (I am not sure which one) they both had issues with their guns freezing and not cycling. No problem from the outlander. I know you weren't looking for opinions on the Outlander just thought I would throw out my 2 cents.
    Thats more of a "too much oil" problem, not a gun problem.
    Last edited by sprigdog; 12-03-2014 at 07:50 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

I have a safe full of duck guns. Benelli,Beretta, Browning, Winchester and Franchi among others. If I had to get rid of all of them but one, I would keep my Xtrema2. Every time I buy a new gun, I take it on the next few hunts. I always end up back with the Beretta. I'd buy it, you won't be disappointed.

I shot a SX 2, 3.5" for 2 years, had a chance to buy an Xtrema II with KO , got it, have shot all yr at doves, will shoot it in 10 days at Reelfoot and not look back.
    I liked the SX 2 and think it's a great gun, but I am going to trade or sell and get a 20ga. for doves.