Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ferguson Announcement Today

Default Ferguson Announcement Today

Looks like it'll be today. Hope those citizens are locked & loaded.

A grand jury has reached a decision on whether to indict Darren Wilson, the white Ferguson, Mo. police officer whose fatal shooting of an unarmed black teenager sparked days of turbulent protests, sources close to the process said.

Sources said that press conferences are being prepared by the county prosecutors’ office and the Missouri governor. Those press conferences will likely come later today.

The announcement gave no indication of whether Wilson, 28, will face state charges in the August shooting death of 18-year-old Michael Brown, which triggered a frank conversation about race and police interaction with African-Americans.

The grand jury’s decision is the latest turn in a case marked in the national consciousness by the stunning images of protesters looting stores and police wearing riot gear and deploying tear gas in the days after Brown’s death. Details of the grand jury’s deliberations have leaked out in recent weeks, angering the Brown family and protesters who saw it as a signal there would be no charges filed.

Althought a parallel federal civil rights investigation of the shooting is continuing, federal investigators have all but concluded they don’t have a case against Wilson, law enforcement officials have said. Federal investigators are also counducting a broader probe of the Ferguson Police Department.

If Wilson is not charged, government officials are bracing for protests in the St. Louis area and nationwide. They have discussed emergency plans in the event of a violent reaction, while protest and community leaders have mapped out their response in the hopes of avoiding the unrest that exploded after Brown was killed.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/politi...340_story.html
    Last edited by Mars Bluff; 11-24-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Oh hell. Here we go.

what do you want to bet that the grand jury decision just happens to be the least argumentative choice?

I also dont understand all the legal implications of the jury talks being "private." MO law is different but wont this be a federal case?
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

They will probably charge him with something just to keep the peace. He may not be found guilty, but they will put on a show trial.

Quote Originally Posted by BS View Post
    They will probably charge him with something just to keep the peace. He may not be found guilty, but they will put on a show trial.
    Peace! ?

No matter what the verdict is there will be no peace. They could find him guilty as hell and they would raid and loot business and kill each other in excitement and then top it off with a few fires.

From what I've read there is enough evidence for a not guilty verdict. This is going to be worse than the LA Riots.

I'll get worried when they try to burn La Playa in PI.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

5pm central supposedly is release time. They'll be some good entertainment on TV tonight fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    5pm central supposedly is release time. They'll be some good entertainment on TV tonight fellas.
    TV? What about the debate on SCDUCKS. That will be better than Fox News.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    TV? What about the debate on SCDUCKS. That will be better than Fox News.
    you talking about the debate on "peter tasting" aka gay marriage?
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-24-2014 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    you talking about the debate on "peter tasting" aka gay marriage?
    No...I'm sure once the decision is made, we will be talking about it. I'm sure we will have something to say watching the city go up in flames.

You mean this isn't what we should be expecting?

My uncle lives 2 blocks from where they are meeting. High end gated neighborhood the HOA has hired private security and most all neighbors are getting out of town. He and my aunt are are heading to their place in NY.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

I keep thinking about Dave Chappelle's "when keeping it real goes wrong"

Will be a 9pm announcement

Shit is intense and I'm 20 minutes from there
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”
    --John Madson, The Mallard, 1960

"Never trust a duck hunter who cares more about his success than his dog's."

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    I hope you have an AR and a short shotgun.
    I'm on base, if they make it through the gate I should be ready
    “… duckhunting stands alone as an outdoor discipline. It has a tang and spirit shared by no other sport—a philosophy compounded of sleet, the winnow of unseen wings, and the reeks of marsh mud and wet wool. No other sport has so many theories, legends, casehardened disciples and treasured memories.”

Quote Originally Posted by led0321 View Post
    You active?
    Yes sir

Opening season pics to follow?

I'm glad there waiting till 8pm to announce the decision..... Everyone should be good and drunk, therefore leading to more intense destruction... Dummies!

Black Friday is starting tonight! The shit will be free for the taking!
    "We have become so open minded that our brains have fallen out"