Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunting "Fad"...

Default Hunting "Fad"...

I don't know about any of y'all guys..but even being of the younger generation myself(25)...I'm beyond ready for this duck dynasty/"cool thing to do" fad to be DONE!!

The traditions and enjoyment of the sport have taken a huge hit in the past 5-8 years of my 12 years of serious public land hunting. Fighting the crowds at the landing and dealing with sky busting/irresponsible/zero respect youngins is beyond OLD!!!

Every year I keep being reminded of my hate for this topic on opening day...changed my plans mid trip Friday night just to try and avoid the mass of inexperienced people..only to sit and watch 3 groups of frat guys struggle to back a trailer, let alone down a dark, long ramp while people are patiently waiting behind..then to have a train of boats almost run through my decoys mid morning in a 100+ yard wide creek after hearing them bang alllllll morning in the back of said creek, only to not have a single bird in the boat between 6 guys...

As much as I enjoy watching the show, im ready for this crap to end...#RantOver
    Last edited by scgolfer88; 11-24-2014 at 12:19 PM.
    Cast and Blast 17 w/ Opti power

Go hunting somewhere other than where the crowds of frat boys and newbies go and your problem will subside. Work harder to find ducks in other areas and figure how to hunt them in those areas. You can't beat em, and you can't fix stupid. Adapt and overcome.
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

You were "serious public land hunting" at the age of 13?

But I get your point, I layed out on the opening weekend because of it.
    Last edited by Murray; 11-24-2014 at 12:42 PM.

Duck hunting isn't the only exception, anyone who has been to South Dakota for the pheasant opener will know what I'm talking about.

#hashtagsaremeantforTwitter

Quote Originally Posted by Gone South View Post
    #hashtagsaremeantforTwitter
    I still don't get the whole hashtag thing. Too me, that will always be the pound symbol.
    Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    R. Not
    So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. —Colossians 2:6–7

you should have witnessed what i did at the walterboro walmart about 7pm the night before the opener. to make a long story short, there was a fella at the hunting counter wearing chest waders trying to buy his state and federal stamps....

Move. Duck hunting is suppose to be fun and therapeutic.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    Move. Duck hunting is suppose to be fun and therapeutic.
    Or just quit like I did. Life's too short.

That's right, do like Glenn did and find ya a smoking hot gal you enjoy being with and you'll be much happier.
    Last edited by willyworm; 11-24-2014 at 01:40 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Dang right

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I told myself every year that I was going to skip duck season.

Impossible, it is less painful to get up at 3 am every morning, hope "your" #1 2 and 3 spots are available, cuss the early shooters, sky busters, idiots at the ramp, people shooting mergansers , while proper birds are heading your way, etc.

Way more tolerable than not going.
    Quote Originally Posted by trentsmith View Post
    Honestly I don't remember why I don't like you but I do remember that I don't like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Murray View Post
    You were "serious public land hunting" at the age of 13?

But I get your point, I layed out on the opening weekend because of it.

I learned from some of the "older generation"...I went everywhere they did and took in every bit of learning I could..

Quote Originally Posted by sprigdog View Post
    I told myself every year that I was going to skip duck season.

Impossible, it is less painful to get up at 3 am every morning, hope "your" #1 2 and 3 spots are available, cuss the early shooters, sky busters, idiots at the ramp, people shooting mergansers , while proper birds are heading your way, etc.

Way more tolerable than not going.

Feel your pain...been stuck working a lot while the hunting buddies were enjoying watching the world wake up...

First volley was almost 15 min before shooting time this year...guess they enjoy hunting out of season...no wonder the birds fly transcontinental on opening day instead of the end of the season..

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    this, I go shoot the wood duck hole a time or two with the boy and may accept an invite from one of my dear friends and just hang out and enjoy the sun rise with some blueberry bourbon coffee.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

I started Duck hunting in in 1972. I experienced the quality of the hunt peak around 1978 pretty much went downhill from there. There were years where there were no ducks, the years preceding lead shot was horrible...and through it all I remember best the fellowship in the blind and the satisfaction of that rare banded Pintail. I don't hunt public water anymore, my 2-cents worth is despite all the aggravation you will remember the good times while the annoying yuppies that "want to be" duck hunters fade into obscurity.

You wanna know I'm over? People crying on the internet about every little thing. Tighten up your lip Nancy. If there are enough people around you to ruin your hunt then it would have been ruined anyway. Duck Dynasty or none. If you can't kill more ducks than someone who learned to duck hunt from duck dynasty and their frat bros well........you might not be Great White Hunter that you fancy yourself to be. The cats that I know in this state that kill ducks year in and year out, they don't whine about frat boys.
    Last edited by Foie Gras; 11-24-2014 at 08:26 PM.
    "Never Trust a Skinny Chef."

This site is truly blessed to have all of non rubberhead as members.

sent from my galaxy s3 using tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foie Gras View Post
    You wanna know I'm over? People crying on the internet about every little thing. Tighten up your lip Nancy. If there are enough people around you to ruin your hunt then it would have been ruined anyway. Duck Dynasty or none. If you can't kill more ducks than someone who learned to duck hunt from duck dynasty and their frat bros well........you might not be Great White Hunter that you fancy yourself to be. The cats that I know in this state that kill ducks year in and year out, they don't whine about frat boys.
    X 10000!!!