Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oyster/Shrimp/Clam Steamer

Default Oyster/Shrimp/Clam Steamer

I am excited, Palmetto Trooper is going to build a steamer with me this weekend. I have one now that is pretty badass but I think this one will be
    "the cat's ass". Hopefully will have pics to post.

Let me get that old one then!

Ol boy can throw some stuff together no doubt!
    Quote Originally Posted by BOG View Post
    Tip:
    Although it is natural for you and seems to be out of your hands, try to suppress your natural inclination towards dumbassedness and do some research of your own.I wish you luck.
    Tekton Game Calls
    http://tektongamecalls.com

Pics Man pics
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Material will be here Friday, I even went to northern tool and bought wheels for it today. Saturday morning we will be creating

All day today with Palmetto Trooper hooking me up! First Saturday I have not seen a football snapped in a long time. Here are the steamer build pics. Started with a sheet of aircraft quality aluminum, not the cheap crap. Sheared and then put on the break to have a one piece tank (sides and bottom uni-body), made tank endcaps, welded the seams up, made a huge basket shaped like the tank but one inch smaller on all four sides and an expanded metal bottom, legs and braces, mount under tank for burner which I will finish tonight. Nice lid with SS piano hinge, the middle strip of tank hold the water, basket sits above and out of water. Can you say, fast oysters, clams, shrimp, low country boil, boiled peanuts, fish, turkey and chicken fryer.....
    We built two of these today and we are steaming crabs tomorrow afternoon. Very please with it. I will be adding wheels and a handle to the lid and its complete. What do you think?

Last edited by ecu1984; 11-23-2014 at 07:52 AM.

You got access to that break on the regular?

I need a makeshift "box" to put over my 36" gas cooktop that I'm gonna have outside by the barn.

I'll gladly pay for what I need. I can provide details later once the cooktop is mounted, but something like the above is probably what I'm gonna need in the long run. I'm thinking a cover that's about 37X21x4...

Thanks Rick, or PT!
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 11-22-2014 at 08:09 PM.

Damn fellas! Very nice!!!

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    You got access to that break on the regular?

I need a makeshift "box" to put over my 36" gas cooktop that I'm gonna have outside by the barn.

I'll gladly pay for what I need. I can provide details later once the cooktop is mounted, but something like the above is probably what I'm gonna need in the long run. I'm thinking a cover that's about 37X21x4...

Thanks Rick, or PT!
    Sterling, when you get ready for it and if not in a huge hurry.....I am sure David (PT) will help anyway he can. Send PT a message when close to ready

Awesome! Thanks for the lead. Looks damn good, y'all!

I haven't even plugged in the mig I got from you and I'm already wanting a tig rig. Pretty work.

That's flat out sexy.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

very nice...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

I just cleaned it and fired it up for the first time. From dead cold and outside in the rain it was 4 minutes til the inside was full of steam, at 6 minutes oysters would be opening and at 8 minutes the inside would peel your face off. Turbocharged.....came out better than expected.
    Last edited by ecu1984; 11-23-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Do you have ay pics of the burner setup?

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Sweet!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by bigtimeduckhunter View Post
    Do you have ay pics of the burner setup?
    I will get one posted as soon as I get time. Its nothing fancy, just a store bought King Cooker Pot burner mounted on a brace under the tank.