Thread: Why does 'Flash' keep crashing?

Default Why does 'Flash' keep crashing?

I run FireFox and stay updated. I clean the laptop cache/temp files, etc, every time I reboot after running Crap Cleaner.

Everything runs fine after a reboot, but Adobe Flash crashes inevitably within a matter of hours... or sometimes I can get a day or two before another install or reboot is needed.

Every time I upgrade FF I re-install a new Flash, but it still crashes in due tiime.

I do not plan on running Chrome or IE unless I absolutely have to.

Any idea why Flash keeps crashing, or what I need to check on?

Thanks.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 11-18-2014 at 01:30 PM.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

I have the same problem on a Windows 8 machine!
    Also running FF...
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Updating Adobe Flash is a gateway for bugs in to get in your system. No dat.

Chrome>firefox

Just installed FF yesterday, same thing happening to me.

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    Updating Adobe Flash is a gateway for bugs in to get in your system. KNOW dat.

Chrome>firefox
    Fify

Try internet explorer and see if you have the same issues.

I like chrome. It has flash player crashes too but not as often as you mentioned.

If I'm not mistaken chrome runs its own flash player not from Adobe
    I am a nobody, that met somebody, that can save anybody.

I'm back at it again. I've set the youtube settings to run the new HTML5 if it's available, and have disabled all add-ons used in FF. FF is upgraded as of yesterday, along with Flash, and it still crashes within "minutes" of a reboot. I've got Flash set to run with permission only, but it still crashes on its own at times.

I was going to go to Chrome, but when I imported my bookmarks it completely fucked them up and duplicated several hundred folders for some ungodly reason. I don't have time to fix that right now so beats me on what to do other than reboot... again.

Any other ideas???

Btw, running MS Win 7 with everything but this past Tuesday's updates, and there's a caution out on update no. xxxx33929 or some number. DON'T install it!!!
    ~ George Washington

I run nothing but IE along with MSE and have never had a Flash player problem.
    Ephesians 2 : 8-9

Charles Barkley: Nobody doesn't like meat.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Hmm...

And I'm currently using my old desktop PC with Win 7 and FF 36, current on Flash, and having 'no' problems (knocking on wood).

Trying to ID what the differences are that might be causing the issue, but it's going to take some time.

Don't want to go back to IE, but this Flash issue just might force me to do it. I stay away from Chrome because I don't like being connected to Google if I can help it. Unfortunately they're expanding so fast it's tough to avoid them anymore.
    ~ George Washington

OSX. Done, MG
    Dum Spiro Spero

Our IT guy used to recommend Firefox, but no longer thinks it reliable. Chrome is the current recommendation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubberhead* View Post
    Tried using IE 10 yesterday on the laptop and it ran like a tired dog just like FF has been.

It also wouldn't give me a clean way to import all of my current Bookmarks from FF. It gives me the option to import from Chrome, but that's it. Any idea what that's all about?

Quote Originally Posted by duckcrazed View Post
    Our IT guy used to recommend Firefox, but no longer thinks it reliable. Chrome is the current recommendation.
    I'll try Chrome if I can figure out how to delete all of the current 'Favorites/Bookmarks' and re-import them from FF so they're up-to-date.

Open for other ideas and suggestions (from most of you... ).
    ~ George Washington

i was having the same problem. i saw this post come up the other day and realized it wasnt just my computer. so i switched over to Chrome for a few days just to see and its absolutely fixed my crashing problem. i havent had a flashplayer crash since i started with chrome.

bye bye firefox...

Quote Originally Posted by dixiedeerslaya View Post
    i was having the same problem. i saw this post come up the other day and realized it wasnt just my computer. so i switched over to Chrome for a few days just to see and its absolutely fixed my crashing problem. i havent had a flashplayer crash since i started with chrome.

bye bye firefox...
    Thanks for the info. I hate Chrome/Google, but if I can figure out how to clean up the Bookmarks/Favorites file without spending hours on it I guess I'll make the switch for now.
    ~ George Washington

Default Internet Explorer Users... Heads up!

Say goodbye to Internet Explorer

Microsoft's Internet Explorer was the browser that so many of us first used to explore the Web. Anyone who used a computer during the '90s or early 2000s probably ended up with an early version of Internet Explorer on his or her PC.

But serious bugs and security flaws have made Internet Explorer a much less appealing option for just about anyone who likes to stay safe while they browse online. The browser's market share has dipped to about 11%, with Chrome leading the browser pack at around 43%.

Well, Microsoft finally pulled the plug. The blue E that's been on the desktop of every Windows machine for years is going away. It will not be included in the majority of new Windows 10 versions.
    We hardly knew ye, Internet Explorer. If your computer just doesn't feel complete without the Internet Explorer icon on your taskbar, then you need to consider your alternatives.

Continued on page 2 at the link below...

http://www.komando.com/happening-now...-article_1-cta
    Guess I'll try to get used to Chrome for the time being. I thought I'd solved the FF problem with Flash by 'resetting FF', but that lasted less than 24 hrs.
    Last edited by WoodieSC; 03-19-2015 at 05:00 PM.
    ~ George Washington

What Your Internet Browser Says About You
    Garrett Houghton

Internet Explorer

You are over the age of 40. You have to be. You don’t really care about you or your browser’s appearance. You Google “cute cat pictures” and send them to your grandchildren in mass email chains. You’re not really sure what a GIF is, but you love the image of the panda dancing and bookmarked it on your browser so you can watch it from time to time. A member in your senior citizen book club recently discovered StumbleUpon and shared its wonders to you. Now you’re addicted. You have the most diverse web history because 95% of your time on the internet is spent stumbling randomly into various sites and sending the cute and inspirational findings to your various email pen pals. You don’t have a Facebook profile.

Favorite Website: Digg

Safari

You go with the flow. This internet browser came preloaded on your Mac, and in all honesty, it’s cool with you. Your home page is still the Apple Store, and you see no reason to really change it up. If you ordered a plain bagel with butter at a diner and they brought you a ham and cheese omelette, you’d probably eat it and have no problem with the mistake. When life throws obstacles and choices your way, you’ll choose the path of least resistance. You post song lyric statuses on Facebook.

Favorite Website: Yahoo!

Mozilla Firefox

You like to have things your way. Never satisfied with the status quo, you are weary of becoming too stagnant in life. You also love a good protest. In college, you were the president of the “Students Against Teacher Parking Spots” coalition, leading the fight against premium parking for non-tenured professors. You love a good soapbox, and use your personal blog with a witty URL to share your edgy thoughts. You actively waged a personal war on SOPA, and changed your Facebook profile picture to one of those “Security Through Censorship” images. You post extremely long, polarizing monologues about politics on Facebook.

Favorite Website: Reddit

Google Chrome

You are part of the 99%. You use the most popular web browser on the planet, and believe there is power in numbers. You love to feel relevant and as up-to-date as possible. Everything is constantly being upgraded in your life. As soon as your iPhone 4S has an upgrade in the App Store, it has to be downloaded. You have seven different Gmail accounts and comb the internet for the next big social media site. You respect name brands and don’t trust knockoffs. When the new iPad is released, you have no problem camping outside of the Apple Store the night before to get it first. You post links to Mashable, CNN, and The Huffington Post on Facebook.

Favorite Website: Twitter

Opera

According to the Opera website, you want loading web pages to be “really snappy.” You are the type of person that responds positively to words like “snappy.” You like the idea of being off the grid. You enjoy cross country-skiing, extreme pogo sticking, and the occasional glacier climbing because all of those activities are extremely isolating and no one else does them. You once took a trip to eastern Utah so you could “get away.” You pitched a tent off I-70 and made pigs in a blanket on your portable propane stove. When searching on the internet, you use DuckDuckGo instead of Google Search to remain free from the stranglehold of Corporate America. You post about how invasive Facebook is on Facebook.

Favorite Website: 4Chan

SeaMonkey

You are the hippy of internet web browsing. You are a communal thinker and love the idea of a browser that is made by a group of people. You eat exclusively free range food products and always (always!) bring cloth bags to your local food co-op. You long to live in Montana on an expansive, yet humble, plot of land. You love words like “organic,” “nourishment,” and “holistic.” You got rid of your TV in 2006, and enjoy lying on your couch cross-stitching scarves as a mindless pastime. You collect cats and are open to the idea of starting a B&B for feline-friendly couples. You post links to vegan food recipes on Facebook.

Favorite Website: Kickstarter
    Rule #2: Double tap

The truth is a lie that will get you killed.

Duncraft Pro-Staff

LOL... that's great, Mobetter!
    ~ George Washington