Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ambush boats.... Havoc/edge copy?

There are about 3 or 4 performance hulls out there. I'll list them in order of preference.

1. Havoc

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Found an interesting post over on the Refuge concerning the Ambush line of boats. Some of you know Danny over there (1995 US1) and if you're like me you tend to respect his opinions when it comes to hauling ass in jon boats as he's proven himself as an authority many times over!

This is from Danny:

There are 2 classes of "jon" boat. Now we have "High Performance" hulls and regular old fishing hulls. There are several manufacturers in Arkansas building Hi-perf hulls. The bottom design is such that these hulls are usually about 5-7 mph faster than the "jon" boat style hull. I have assisted 2 of the manufacturers in designing their bottoms for performance, which includes speed, turning ability, durability, load carrying. There are now 3 or 4 manufacturers of the hulls.
    I'll list them in MY order of preference. I have a 1552 Ambush ordered for February. I know more about the Ambush than any other. They are a 100 gauge hull, I helped design the bottom.
    1. Ambush by LegendCraft Boats
    2. Edge by Waco Craft
    3.Havoc which is now owned and built by the guy that originally built Edge boats for Waco
    These hulls come in various sizes. The difference is that they are actually designed for the timber hunters in Arkansas. The sides are not flared out much. I had a 1556 Edge with a 63" beam. They are all 100 gauge boats for durability and can be ordered with a variety of options. I helped design the Edge 1556, mine was a rocket, would turn hard enough to throw a passenger out, and floated very high in a shallow marsh. I had a 4 cylinder EFI, 4 stroke, 61ci, Mercury on that Edge. It would run mid 40's all day heavily loaded. Remove all but 1 battery, with 2 people, the boat would run 50 mph all day. It was an ideal boat for me, EXCEPT for the fact that it was built with 90 gauge hull and 80 gauge interior and began to tear the floor apart from the hull and ribs. That info was used when I was hired to help design the Ambush hull. That's why it is a 100 gauge boat.

Sounds like the Ambush boat line might be worth looking into for some of you speed and adrenaline junkies after all!
    Been talking to Danny for a couple days on the refuge and he seems to be sold on them.
    Sea Ark 1542 w/ Yamaha 40
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer
    War Eagle 15 w/ 30 Hammer

--------------------------------------------------

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Bart burgess builds Ambush.. I know of a couple people that have gotten an ambush and taken it back and bought Havoc....
    She needs more power!

Looks like Robins marine is picking them up.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

"Sometimes you gotta grab the bull by the horns and the women by the tits and take charge in your life" - General Patton

"I'm very drunk and I intend on getting still drunker before this evening's over."
    - Rhett Butler

Anybody running or know of anyone running an ambush with a stock yamaha 50?
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

i saw some video of some of the ambush boats running at the arkansas boat races a few weekends ago.

they should come with seatbelts as a standard feature

Default Ambush boats

I have a 1552 ambush boat and known people that have them and they are top of the line they are not the same as the legend craft they are just made in the same building Bart Burgess builds these boats. People are going talk crap about things that's life but I know a few guys that sold there havoc's and bought a Ambush after diving one. Plus Bart builds good Quality boats it took me 6 weeks to get mine some people like war eagle some like Havoc but if u want an Ambush get one I got one because I did my home work on both the Havoc and Ambush call me if u have any ? I might be some help 803-983-2455
    Last edited by Phillip; 06-01-2015 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Quality boats

Buddy of my bought one from the beach it will be in 2weeks . Didn't take long to get it ether an he has a 50merc putting on it .

I saw one at 601 yesterday and was real impressed. I'm just wondering what kind of numbers Id see with my motor so I could determine if it's worth getting a new hull.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    I have a 1552 ambush boat and known people that have them and they are top of the line they are not the same as the legend craft they are just made in the same building Bart Burgess builds these boats. People are going talk crap about things that's life but I know a few guys that sold there havoc's and bought a Ambush after diving one. Plus Bart builds good Quality boats it took me 6 weeks to get mine some people like war eagle some like Havoc but if u want an Ambush get one I got one because I did my home work on both the Havoc and Ambush call me if u have any ? I might be some help 803-983-2455
    U might being selling that ambush after u drive a havoc!!!

I'm thinking about taking the 1542sea ark to 601 this weekend if any of the ambush/havoc/edge or whatever with a 3cyl wants to let's pair up

Quote Originally Posted by winyah_82 View Post
    U might being selling that ambush after u drive a havoc!!!
    I saw an Ambush racing Sunday and it ran better than any havoc that I'VE seen.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Quote Originally Posted by 1542yamaha View Post
    I'm thinking about taking the 1542sea ark to 601 this weekend if any of the ambush/havoc/edge or whatever with a 3cyl wants to let's pair up
    "PAIR UP" don't be gay just say race... you should go,,, i will text you and see if your down there and speak to ya

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    "PAIR UP" don't be gay just say race... you should go,,, i will text you and see if your down there and speak to ya
    Sounds good Sunday ?

Quote Originally Posted by Buckin Bronco View Post
    I saw one at 601 yesterday and was real impressed.
    I was there too. Didn't it have a black Yamaha hanging off the back?

Just wondering if we were looking at the same boat. I was kinda distracted by the wildlife scenery.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Nope u might sale that Havoc u got after u take my ambush for a spin Winyah haha

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    I was there too. Didn't it have a black Yamaha hanging off the back?

Just wondering if we were looking at the same boat. I was kinda distracted by the wildlife scenery.
    Yeah that's it. It for sale of Craigslist. I passed you and group coming up from broadwater.

Scenery at the sandbar was nice.
    Xpress 16 w/ 50 Hammer

- Rhett Butler

Lord knows I saw so many boats Sunday I didn't know you from Adam.

I used the flag to distinguish myself from the crowd.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Sooooo which one finished on top at Augusta days recently???

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip View Post
    Good lord this gave me a headache.