Thread: Bareroot Seedlings - MDC

Default Bareroot Seedlings - MDC

Not sure there is better deal or selection of bareroot seedlings out there - if there is, let me know.

Here's the link to the Missouri Dept of Conservation seedling order page and catalog: http://mdc.mo.gov/your-property/seed...ling-order-how

My order for this year - trying to make a shrub/small tree screening to break a field in half.
    Attached Images Attached Images

We have ordered from Mellow Marsh in NC in the past. Do not know if they will be able to beat those prices. I believe you have to request a price sheet.

I'll bookmark Mellow Marsh, looks like they have some good seed mixes, too. Thanks.

Why would you use so many species not endemic to SC?
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

What are you talking about? According to the USDA plant maps, all of those species are native to at least some counties in South Carolina except for the Roughleaf Dogwood (Cornus drummondii, native to Georgia/TN on west).

Take or leave this advice for a plethora of reasons, but stick with what you know is growing on site or nearby.
    Just because USDA says it grows in the state somewhere doesn't mean it will grow where you want it to.
    There are plenty of local shrubs in your area to choose from that are proven.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE