Thread: Prop ?

Default Prop ?

I am currently running an aluminum 3 blade 10 X 9.25 on a 2013 Tohatsu 20hp 4 stroke. Thinking about getting a stainless steel prop. My question is do I go to a 11" or 9 " .
    HRCH Fat Daddy Cash MH
    HRCH Tonka's Rebel Yell MH

What's your rpm? If the answer is "i don't know" then spend a few bucks on a tach. It will tell you which one you need.

Consult the motor owner's manual. It will give you a range of where the rpm should be at wide open throttle. Ideally you should be at the top end of that spectrum with the typical load in the boat. If you ain't there change go up or down in pitch accordingly. Up in pitch lowers rpm's. Down in pitch increases rpm's. Typically with every inch of pitch will either add or take away 150-200 rpms. Until you get a tach you're just guessing.
    Last edited by willyworm; 10-16-2014 at 07:58 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

Quote Originally Posted by willyworm View Post
    What's your rpm? If the answer is "i don't know" then spend a few bucks on a tach. It will tell you which one you need.

Consult the motor owner's manual. It will give you a range of where the rpm should be at wide open throttle. Ideally you should be at the top end of that spectrum with the typical load in the boat. If you ain't there change go up or down in pitch accordingly. Up in pitch lowers rpm's. Down in pitch increases rpm's. Typically with every inch of pitch will either add or take away 150-200 rpms. Until you get a tach you're just guessing.
    You should just make this a sticky note....