Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Well, we think about it."

It really bothers me guys my age that just want to kill just for the sake of killing...I don't understand it. Idk if the appreciation comes with time or tends to be something you either have or you don't? This guy sums up the respect and appreciation we have for te sport.

Quote Originally Posted by murraywader View Post
    And not one product reference. Loved it.
    Ain't that the truth. You don't see that very often. Great vid

Damn. That was great.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

i need to watch it again. I'm not sure I felt all the warm and fuzzies y'all did.

I sure do hate being different.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Good stuff!!

That's awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i need to watch it again. I'm not sure I felt all the warm and fuzzies y'all did.

I sure do hate being different.
    Like everybody else?

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    Too much flouride...that's one of the side-effects.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

I've seen one of his hunting shows on TV and it was the best I had ever seen. Better than most of the crap on there now. Great video. Tooth put down the gas.
    The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

I bet he's not married.

Great video - sums up a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I've tried to make people feel it through the story. It's impossible. Or I just suck as a story teller.
    Don't sell yourself short. I enjoy your stories.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

Wow, thanks for sharing.....loved it!

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Cool video!
    "You are Citadel Men, you have no pension for failure, you wear the Ring, you never let a friend down, you will be good fathers, husbands, and leaders in the armed forces and industry, you are strong in heart, body, and mind. You protect such things as Honor and Fidelity. Your virtues matter not only in wealth, but in the richness of family, you are the last of the knights."
    - late President Ronald Reagan

Awesome video.

If you want to see some more of his stuff and other great videos, check out this website.

http://huntervids.com/
    Warning: The Surgeon General has determined that turkey hunting is an addictive activity that will disrupt normal sleep patterns!

Show offs.

Very cool. What kind of fixed blade broadhead was he putting on his arrow?
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973

A big heavy one! I was thinking I need to try one of those.

It's one of Ed Schlief's heads from Alaska Bowhunting Supply. He's also shooting Ed's Grizzlystik arrows. I think I saw him say in another video that he could shoot one through a truck. He's probably right. I've hunted with Ed and have a good friend who's been on Ed's pro staff for years. While their stuff isn't cheap, they are serious about their heads. I shot a deer last year with one of their silver flame broadheads and the exit hole was as big as a tennis ball.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

OK. I watched it again. Its certainly visually stimulating. I agree with a lot of what he talks about other than the grandiose vision that the meat he gets is so much "better" than a store. Seems like a helluva lot of work to gather meat. I have always been one to be a stickler when it comes to processing game so I certainly agree with the rewards of harvesting game and serving it to family...but i just think he is somehow "justifying" his far off travels. Maybe I'm just jealous...or maybe cynical....but if he wanted wild game, he sure doesnt have to have a plane to do it.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

He seems pretty cool, sweet video. I believe I would have used an entirely different set of adjectives when describing be hunted by wolves. I heard he based his life on the chronicles of DM1....He is almost there....
    You can grow up to be just like me....