Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: .019 vs .029

Default .019 vs .029

pin size
    discuss
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

The smaller the better.

I my self like .19 I've never tried .10 tho .29 are just to big and take up to much

One is larger than the other.

.010 and .019 get dark quick. I have a sword slider that I got in this configuration and it's great. I think it's the best all around sight I have had.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

makes sense, jbk.

your closer pin is the larger one. the smaller pins are for the longer range and you should likely bring it in closer to dark. am I reading that right?

I also have an issue with colors. I am color blind (red/green) so its tough to go with different colors and expect me to notice when the time comes. I have always used a 019 but wondered about going larger since I need a new pin. I dont do all the fancy lights and such. Just a simple fiber optic, not one that u need 9 ft of cable for....

Quote Originally Posted by Bownut View Post
    One is larger than the other.
    Dang, beat me to it.

From what I've seen it varies depending on the sight. I know that doesn't sound possible because .19 is .19 right? True but I think it depends on whether you're shooting multiple pins or a single pin. When I sold my Spott Hogg and got my HHA I almost went with a .10 because the .19's on my 5 pin Spott Hogg seemed to big, but when I looked through an HHA the single .19 was just right.

If I ever bought another Multi pin, which I doubt I will, I'd go with .10's. Single pin? .19 all day long
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

Aim small and miss small. I shoot a 5 pin sight with all 0.10 sight pins and until my vision diminishes I will always shoot the smallest pin I can readily find. I do use a light on my sight to light up the pins during certain times typically not a dusk since a bright pin over dilates one's eyes causing the target to become dim. Pin brightness is really perception because the surface area that the fiber optic has exposed to light is directly related to the diameter therefore illumination is the same.

Peep sight size can make a difference too if your having trouble seeing. I went to a smaller peep a few years ago and had a difficult time seeing pins clearly in low light.

shoot the smallest you can, if you have an issue with them getting dark, get a pin light, or don't shoot that late....

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    makes sense, jbk.

your closer pin is the larger one. the smaller pins are for the longer range and you should likely bring it in closer to dark. am I reading that right?

I also have an issue with colors. I am color blind (red/green) so its tough to go with different colors and expect me to notice when the time comes. I have always used a 019 but wondered about going larger since I need a new pin. I dont do all the fancy lights and such. Just a simple fiber optic, not one that u need 9 ft of cable for....

Yep! I have 3 green pins. Works for me.
    "Think A Guy Like Me Worries About Percentages?" Tin Cup

"Some get spiritual cause they see the light, and some cause they feel the heat" Ray Wylie Hubbard

"P.S. I love turkeys. Mostly just hate those who hunt em." Glenn

I agree the smaller the pin the better. I also have a sight light and mine you can adjust the brightness. That helps a bunch with being able to focus on your target and making sure you make a good shot. I personally hate a red pin its hard to see in low light so I use yellow and green with same colors not together. Example: green/yellow/green/yellow so I want get my distances crossed up.

i dont have a peep and I only use two pins. kinda hard to get confused this way.

I ordered an extra .019. thanks

2th as you continue to age you will probably lose that 2nd pin. You will be older, wiser and you will realize that a simpler setup is more effective. Go ahead and skip that "learning curve". Go 1 pin or go home. Make 25 yards your maximum shot distance on an animal, tie on some 175 grain two bladed tigersharks and bring some pain. Im not kidding, the doe i shot earlier this year looked up, saw that broadhead, and fell over dead of a heart attack. I went ahead and shot her just for the photo and all.
    \"Go to Know\"

HHA adjustable single .19 pin. Got to be green for me. Been using this sight for years for 3 D and hunting.
    E T

DO yall really use the pin lights....I have a Cooper John sight I love...but the UV light on it is pretty hard to see "through"

Quote Originally Posted by jwterry3 View Post
    DO yall really use the pin lights....I have a Cooper John sight I love...but the UV light on it is pretty hard to see "through"
    Yes I use pin lights, comes with it on all archer extreme sights, they work. I also only use .019 pins.
    Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Quote Originally Posted by FBT View Post
    2th as you continue to age you will probably lose that 2nd pin. You will be older, wiser and you will realize that a simpler setup is more effective. Go ahead and skip that "learning curve". Go 1 pin or go home. Make 25 yards your maximum shot distance on an animal, tie on some 175 grain two bladed tigersharks and bring some pain. Im not kidding, the doe i shot earlier this year looked up, saw that broadhead, and fell over dead of a heart attack. I went ahead and shot her just for the photo and all.
    i put the second pin on last year when going turkey hunting in Kansas. Honestly, I dont know what its set for but at least I always have a "spare" ready.

Im just poking fun but i have really enjoyed a super simple setup. Single pin in the dead center of a round housing makes target aquisition a no brainer. 25 is as far as i need to be shooting at one anyway so the big broadhead just makes it fun. If i hunted at 320 fps and shot quarters at 40 yards that might be different, but i dont. My bow be like George Foreman. Slow and heavy but dont you dare let that son of a gun hit you.
    \"Go to Know\"