Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lake Marion Dinosaur

Quote Originally Posted by Fireman View Post
    Damn that's a big gator...I just picked mine up.. he only weighed 400lbs and I about had a heart attack at what that cost ... good luck man!!
    That's the first thing I thought about when I opened this thread. It gonna cost a thousand bucks just to get that thing processed.

Damn fine lizard. The 13fter we killed back in 09 set us back over 2k after taxidermy, tanning and processing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Ive got over 1k in mine with processing and a head mount.. and he was a 11footer ..
    Last edited by Fireman; 10-06-2014 at 02:43 PM.

'Good golly, Miss Molly'... what a lizard!

Since it hasn't been said, I'll bite:

"It would have been bigger next year..."...
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

Quote Originally Posted by TreyMo View Post
    No way to age an alligator, they grow according to their habitat.
    That's just flat out wrong.

How long you been around the south?
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    That's just flat out wrong.

How long you been around the south?

Well them by all means please enlighten me on how to age an alligator?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You are right. Alligators kept in captivity in small boxes will not grow when they eat just enough to survive. Depends on diet and abundance of food and space to grow.

I am all for killing shit, and have tried to do as much of it as possible. Also, I am gonna get crushed for this on here, but here goes.

I think it sucks that all of these big gators are being killed out of the lake. I have always loved the thought of an animal living to that age, and I have always thought it was cool to get to see those big ones. There used to be one in particular in Potato Creek Hatchery that was as big as they come. That bastard had background music. I don't think it is open for hunting, so he may still be there, but I hate to see the real giants disappear.

Enough out of me. Good killing and carry on.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    I am all for killing shit, and have tried to do as much of it as possible. Also, I am gonna get crushed for this on here, but here goes.

I think it sucks that all of these big gators are being killed out of the lake. I have always loved the thought of an animal living to that age, and I have always thought it was cool to get to see those big ones. There used to be one in particular in Potato Creek Hatchery that was as big as they come. That bastard had background music. I don't think it is open for hunting, so he may still be there, but I hate to see the real giants disappear.

Enough out of me. Good killing and carry on.
    I feel the exact same way.

Killing a 13ft alligator is killing an animal that has been there since before the lakes were built.
    All for what? A 30 minute rush and a "tug your pecker" tailgate shot.
    "Look at me and what I did."

I love the whole "they're overpopulated" speech.

There should be a slot. Anything over 8ft (unless under a nuisance permit from DNR) should be given te respect it deserves and left alone.
    They've earned it.

90-120 years surviving, only to be shot and killed by an upstate bent-brimmed redneck.

Don't get me started
    Be proactive about improving public waterfowl habitat in South Carolina. It's not going to happen by itself, and our help is needed. We have the potential to winter thousands of waterfowl on public grounds if we fight for it.

You're a grown man, take 5 and research it.

They're overpopulated

And make nice belts

And tailgate shots

Quote Originally Posted by marsh chicken View Post
    They're overpopulated

And make nice belts

And tailgate shots
    I know right.

Like what if they climb in our boat, or worse like eat our dogs when we teal hunt the Cooper in September?

.....monsters.

On a serious note...we have enough regulation. People have every right to kill big old droptine bucks, blonde mallards, piebald deer, and whatever else they wish to pursue that is open legally to hunting. Plenty of people share your same mindset as to why we are allowed to shoot the birds they very much enjoy watching and studying. Would you like them to get their way? You can't pick and choose...

On a serious note...we have enough regulation. People have every right to kill big old droptine bucks, blonde mallards, piebald deer, and whatever else they wish to pursue that is open legally to hunting. Plenty of people share your same mindset as to why we are allowed to shoot the birds they very much enjoy watching and studying. Would you like them to get their way? You can't pick and choose...
    You can't argue with a hippie!

I'm sorry. I really am.

But that statement (and many others you've posted since your sign up) is exactly why it's a waste of energy to respond to anything you post pertaining to wildlife.

I'm sorry. I really am.

But that statement (and many others you've posted since your sign up) is exactly why it's a waste of energy to respond to anything you post pertaining to wildlife.
    Hard to argue the truth isn't it?

Hard to argue the truth isn't it?
    It actually facscinates me to converse with idiots.
    I don't know why, but I'm kind of intrigued by y'all.
    It may be a personal problem, but I'm always curious to hear outlandish opinions on simple concepts.

He just compared a duck to an alligator lol.

It actually facscinates me to converse with idiots.
    I don't know why, but I'm kind of intrigued by y'all.
    It may be a personal problem, but I'm always curious to hear outlandish opinions on simple concepts.
    Lay off the bath salts faggot...your half baked bullshit expertise impresses no one.

Goodun