Thread: #brightlife

Default #brightlife

Rest in peace Tim Bright. You fought hard as hell for 4 1/2 years.

You fellas keep tims wife Jenny, their family and everybody that tim touched during his battle against cancer in your prayers
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Man I heard about that last night. What a great guy. Prayers for his family

I didn't know him, but I hate to hear that about anyone.

Prayers for the family.

Yep. Heard last night. He fought hard.

Prayers sent!

Prayers sent to his family! Can someone fill us in on who he was and what happened? Sounds like a well liked person who will be missed. Was he a member here?

BrightLife
    Today at 12:07am ·
    Many have already been spreading the news but we wanted to put out a statement from our families as well:

We are sad to share with everyone that after a fight of 4 1/2 years, Tim lost his courageous battle with cancer tonight. Throughout this fight, Tim and Jenny have exhibited the type of courage and determination that made our families proud. They have both touched the lives of so many in positive ways and their positive impact will last a long time. In return, we have all been blessed to watch how their strength, faith and love for each other buoyed them through this fight.

Thank you for all the prayers and well wishes during this "journey". We will let everyone know when memorial plans have been made.

Thank you and God bless.

The Clantons & the Brights

Tim was from Greenville, went to Riverside and then Carolina. He was a great athlete, played for a short time at Carolina and went to a College World Series. Tim was an all around great guy, was married to his beautiful wife Jenny, and lived in the Upstate. Tim has been fighting cancer for over 4 years, and he have it a hell of a fight!! I was lucky to be able to call Tim a friend, and I will miss him. Please send a prayer up for Jenny. If you never met him you have my word, we lost a good one way to young.

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    Tim was from Greenville, went to Riverside and then Carolina. He was a great athlete, played for a short time at Carolina and went to a College World Series. Tim was an all around great guy, was married to his beautiful wife Jenny, and lived in the Upstate. Tim has been fighting cancer for over 4 years, and he have it a hell of a fight!! I was lucky to be able to call Tim a friend, and I will miss him. Please send a prayer up for Jenny. If you never met him you have my word, we lost a good one way to young.
    Well said. Tim touched many many lives. He will be missed by many but never forgotten.

Will do! Thx for sharing.

RIP Tim. Prayers for his family sent to the GOOD LORD.

From his wife from the Facebook page...

BrightLife
    Last night, a little after 8pm, a large piece of my heart was forever crushed when Tim peacefully took his last breath surrounded by both of our families. It's still incredibly surreal and I'll never forget looking into his beautiful blue eyes that one last time.

As crazy as it sounds and felt at the time, from the first moment I saw Tim coaching on the Furman baseball field, I knew he was the man I was meant to marry. He loved me in a way that could never be matched, he wasn't just my husband and best friend, but an extension of me, of my soul, and filled a void that had always felt empty.

He taught me the meaning of love throughout our ups and downs, of selflessness by being the strong one and calming and reassuring me in moments that were just as, if not more so, dark and scary for him, of kindness by always putting others before himself when even in these last few weeks he told me that he was more worried about me being left behind than him having to go, and he made me a stronger person.

Many people have noted just how strong I've been throughout these trials, I'm truly not, it just appears that way when you are following in the shadow of someone as strong as my husband. It's Tim that has given me that strength and to be honest, I'm absolutely lost without him. He faced his disease head on, and never asked why, just said that if what he's going through could save one person then it was all worth it. The world is a much duller place without him.

He fought valiantly until the very end and was noble and brave in his words and actions. He will always be my hero, my world, my heart.

Services for Tim will be held Saturday October 11, 2014 at 12:30PM at Greenville First Baptist Church, 847 Cleveland St. Greenville, SC. A reception celebrating Tim's life and legacy will follow.

Tim never understood the point of flowers and because of that refused to ever send me any. For that reason, we are asking that in lieu of flowers you donate to the one organization Tim & I believe in the most, iTOR. We know that someday they will find a cure for this horrendous disease. Memorials can be made to 'GHS Cancer Institute ITOR' Philanthropy Office, 300 E. McBee Ave, Suite 503, Greenville, SC 29601
    Mobile Uploads · Just now ·
    View Full Size · Send as Message · Report Photo