Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Low bird

shooting low birds is arrogant but so is returning fire. ive been peppered on many occasions but none that stung or drew blood.

Shooting low birds is stupid and careless. Returning fire is full retard. You never go full retard.

I've hunted alot of public dove fields over the last 30 years and have had very little problems with other hunters.
    I did get peppered with a hot load from a dipshit 4-5 years ago. I went over and "nicely" told him that it better not happen again. Period. He took it as well as he should have I reckon and I didn't have any more problems with him.
    If you get an asshole that continues shooting low birds, call the rabbit sheriff, they're never far from the public fields when a shoot is going on.

Operation Game Thief 1-800-922-5431.
    Every outdoorsman should have the phone# programmed into their phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Shooting low birds is negligent. It should get you kicked off the field.

Purposely shooting at a man is assault; in front of a kid is contributing to the delinquency. He has created another generation of redneck. He should at the very least been kicked out as well. DNR says a shooting must be reported and investigated. He might have gotten a free ride to jail.

I would also question the word of a man that would "return fire." My definition of getting peppered in a field is shot falling from above.

Two wrongs dont make a right.
    This. Best thing to do would to be just asking the person to leave. Purposefully shooting at someone to "get there attention" probably wouldn't go over well in court.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Literally translated to, "I smell like Scotch and Kodiak".
    "Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees"- Gen. Thomas "Stonewall" Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by BOGSTER View Post
    Yeah, if I take a pellet that stings, it's not going to be pleasant when I get to the other side of the field.
    Who you kidding....you couldn't beat your way out of a wet paper bag!
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

What club/field was it?

I'm a member of a club in that area. Haven't been to a shoot in 3 weeks though.

Reason # 1,148,954 that I don't hunt around people that I don't personally know or on public lands.

On the fields that I am OMFIC or owner/huntmaster a low bird will get you kicked off quick.
    Private Land Rubberhead # 1