Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: will the real paleo please stand up

i wasnt going there, glenn....

I am not sure what little gem Stripa is holding but I agree that dealing with processed foods is a great place to start.

Make your diet about fruits and veggies first, and I dont think you can go wrong.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by MolliesMaster View Post
    x2

Bring on the knowledge!

Don't leave me hanging either, be there or be square.
    Google epigenetics and nutrition if you want to read ahead. No monopoly on knowledge in the age of the interweb.
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Here's the gem, 2th. Spread out your fruit, veggie and meat menu. Just because something isn't bad for you doesn't mean it's doing anything good for you. Iceberg lettuce isn't bad for you. It doesn't have shit for nutrients that you need to function, though.
    There it is boys. Rocket nutrition science revealed!
    "hunting should be a challenge and a passion not a way of making a living or a road to fame"

Rubberhead

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    In the interest of full disclosure, Stripa Swipa doesn't kill enough stuff to have a valid opinion on wise use of resources from a modern perspective, much less a paleo one.
    I'd like to retort with "I leave the modern killin to my 11 year old" but he got the feva and missed a whopper this weekend so we might be eating rice this year.

Rubberhead

Hahaha! Good on him for gettin' after it. I found out this weekend that guiding is nerve wrackin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Hahaha! Good on him for gettin' after it. I found out this weekend that guiding is nerve wrackin'.
    I feel ya Glenn....it brought back memories of taking my wife on her first deer hunt and going through the same sort of cat and mouse game. It took everything in me to not yell out "shoot the son of a bitch! What are you waiting on?" It was a great story though. Glad she got to kill her first deer. It's all worth it in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    No monopoly on knowledge in the age of the interweb.
    there is no monopoly on OPINION on the interweb.

I could make up a word like "epizoogenetics" and make a web page and have disgruntled soccer moms eating pig feces by the weekend.

I think the scientists have learned a LOT about diet and nutrition over the last 20 years and its confusing to the lay person. That is a big reason this "paleo" lifestyle works for many. Combine it with a good exercise routine, and you have something.

I went as far as to google "what is in iceburg lettuce" and lo and behold I found a quick hit explaining why iceburg is actually not as bad as made out to be.
    http://www.raw-food-health.net/Icebe...Nutrition.html

its hard for people to weed through the MISinformation on the internet to get to the good stuff.

People from sumter that are overweight and unhealthy need a LIFESTYLE, not a DIET, that is easy to follow. Telling them to eat 5 eggs and a pack of bacon is NOT the answer.

and...I dont need the same intake that you do, Stripa. Its not a calorie counting exercise any more, but you burn more calories than me and would need more "fuel." I am content getting most of mine from fruits and veggies and less of it from meat. Do I cheat? of course...

I said "age" of the interweb. In other words, you have the opportunity to do some research when blowhards start telling you what's what.

Your body needs minerals for health, not just calories to burn energy.

Wanting to make things simple doesn't make them simple. Sorry.

We're just starting to think correctly about this stuff. The ability to process huge amounts of data to support emerging fields like epigenetics and the ability to quickly educate the masses on the latest knowledge will change EVERYTHING in the next decade is my best guess. Preventive health will become a more realistic opportunity for anyone motivated enough to pursue it.

Until we know exactly what minerals to put in our mouth for maximum health, I'd spread whole food love for insurance.

Rubberhead

i agree with your premise. Dont be like Glenn and I think I am against you. I'm NOT!

Whole foods. Grown closer to home. No processed foods. Stay away from sugar.

Its THAT simple but will take a while since our food pyramid we learned in grade school is upside down and assbackwards.

Does this mean you won't bring a bag of popcorn and beer for lunch anymore?
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Everytime my wife drags my old ass to walmart I am just stunned at the OBESE state this country is in. I cannot stand to go in just about any store anymore. Upsets me
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Stripa Swipa View Post
    Google epigenetics and nutrition if you want to read ahead. No monopoly on knowledge in the age of the interweb.
    Hey, I'm already subscribed to Dr. Rhonda Patrick's email blast. I listen to her discuss epigenetics every week on podcast as well. She had me at vitamin d.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    i agree with your premise. Dont be like Glenn and I think I am against you. I'm NOT!

Whole foods. Grown closer to home. No processed foods. Stay away from sugar.

Its THAT simple but will take a while since our food pyramid we learned in grade school is upside down and assbackwards.
    What is THAT simple? Keeping off the excess, fat? Yes. Keeping yourself from getting Parkinson's , Cancer, Depression? Maybe not. If it turns out that you eating more liver or me eating more chia seeds would prevent a disease like that then we'd be on to something.

.... and don't compare me to Glennda if'n you want me to think you are on my side.

Rubberhead

I think diet can be simplified for the masses. THAT's all I'm saying.

cross fit is gay as shit

like having a bud light avatar and a screen name "redneck."

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    like having a bud light avatar and a screen name "redneck."

2th doc -1 white trash -0