Thread: 10 days

Default 10 days

One of the hardest things I've every tried to do. I'm 10 days in to a no diet Pepsi/diet coke diet. Nothing but water. The first few days sucked and brought on some of the worst headaches Ive ever had. I was drinking 2-3 16oz drinks a day. After 10 days i can already see a difference in my gut.
    Last edited by reeltight; 09-29-2014 at 08:50 PM.

To hell with doing it for your visible gut. That shit is nasty to your body. I stopped drinking them when my brother in law soaked his putter in a diet coke overnight to remove the matte finish. Sumbitch came out silver. Fuck that.

And, CONGRATS. The worst part is over.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Good job!

Proud to say that I have a few sodas a year, now.

I drink water or coffee. (Well, unless it's liquor or beer... )
    Last edited by USMCsilver; 09-29-2014 at 09:09 PM.

sodas are bad bad juju
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by USMCsilver View Post
    Good job!

Proud to say that I have a few sodas a year, now.

I drink water or coffee. (Well, unless it's liquor or beer... )
    Same. I made the mistake of getting a Pepsi the other day at work bc I didn't want another cup of coffee. 3 sips and I got the shakes bad. Nothing about that shit is good for ya. Congrats and keep it up.
    1648 Tracker Grizzly
    Yamaha 70 2 stroke

I've have drank nothing but water for the past month. My go to was sweet tea. After a few days it gets alot easier. The worst part is behind you now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Invite him inside for a tall cool glass of die mother fucker.

Your body will start craving water soon. I was hooked on diet mt dew and sweet tea, switched to nothing but water and haven't had a single drink of either going on three years now. Haven't craved them at all - actually can't stand the sight of them. It will get easier for you.
    "To the sensitive gunner nothing can equal a bird and a dog and a gun in trilogy."
    George Bird Evans

Quote Originally Posted by reeltight View Post
    One of the hardest things I've every tried to do. I'm 10 days in to a no diet Pepsi/diet coke diet. Nothing but water. The first few days sucked and brought on some of the worst headaches Ive ever had. I was drinking 2-3 16oz drinks a day. After 10 days i can already see a difference in my gut.
    That's all?

Rookie
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

I drink water or semi sweet to unsweet tea only. Every time I drink a soda I feel like shit.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    That's all?

Rookie
    Say what you will Squirty but it was/has not been easy.

Take the money you spent every day on soft drinks from here on out and put it to the side.

Try and drink half your body weight number in ounces/day of water and throw in an extra 20-ounces/hour of exercise.

Soda is horrible period but it's terrible diuretic. Watch this short video on hydration and the effects of dehydration on your body.

Last edited by carolinaboy06; 09-30-2014 at 09:23 AM.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Not to mention getting water at a meal out saves $1.50 to $2 each time, which is ridiculous