Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: What you fellers gonna be hunting out of this season?

Same as last year. I'll be in the 'yak most mornings. It's hard to beat that calm quiet time before daylight on a paddle into your spot.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

So why don't all you pirogue wannabe owners hook up and deuce to Louisiana for an out of state trip. The first day you're there go ahead and pick up your licenses, pirogues, and marsh maps. Then hunt for a week, have a blast, catch some fish, and haul your own boats home! At probably $300 per boat for shipping you'd almost be breaking even and would get one hell of a good cast and blast trip in as well. If I know you and like you......maybe Ill even draw you a map of where you can go to kill some birds on public land while you're there. However, you'll need a boat that's big enough to haul the men, pirogues, and gear on a 35-45min trip out to the marsh. I used to make the run in my 16ft Xpress at almost 40mph and it took about 35min to get out there. Great hunting though and fishing like nothing you've ever seen for reds and trout! Might even get lucky and bag a pig off a levee while you're running home!
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

RK, We're cool, right?

SD, whaddya think?
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

The bigger the boat you can take the better for that run RK is talking about. Spent many a morning making that puckering ride. Especially in a little fog. But damn if it wasn't worth it!!!!
    Let's Fish www.carolinaaeromarine.com Or dip something www.tntcustomcamo.com

*yes, Capt Toms yankee ass did show me a new trick in my own backyard*-- CYPRESNEAK

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Let me know. I am considering ordering two Cottonmouths and being done with it. Tired of borrowing...
    I'd be curious on shipping too. One of those cottonmouths would be a nice addition.
    In the morning be first up, and in the evening last to go to bed, for they that sleep catch no fish. ><)))*>

BigBrother: We're definitely cool. Let me know if you need/want directions.

A bigger boat helps but isn't necessary just to get some hunting in. There's more than one spot down there that takes a bit to get too. If you don't have a "Sea"worthy boat but still have something in the 40-60hp range (minimum) and want to make the trip I've got an alternate location that would still be safe in a smaller rig. It's still a pretty good ride though at about 40min each way. The duck hunting is mostly for teal, gadwall, and mottled ducks but you'll have redfish tailing in the decoys and there's still a possibility for a pig in the area. It's known to attract a pretty good amount of snow geese as well but you'll really be doing some work if you want any chance at getting on them.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    So why don't all you pirogue wannabe owners hook up and deuce to Louisiana for an out of state trip. The first day you're there go ahead and pick up your licenses, pirogues, and marsh maps. Then hunt for a week, have a blast, catch some fish, and haul your own boats home! At probably $300 per boat for shipping you'd almost be breaking even and would get one hell of a good cast and blast trip in as well. If I know you and like you......maybe Ill even draw you a map of where you can go to kill some birds on public land while you're there. However, you'll need a boat that's big enough to haul the men, pirogues, and gear on a 35-45min trip out to the marsh. I used to make the run in my 16ft Xpress at almost 40mph and it took about 35min to get out there. Great hunting though and fishing like nothing you've ever seen for reds and trout! Might even get lucky and bag a pig off a levee while you're running home!
    You got my attention. Maybe I could work a dealer visit into the mix and get help on the fuel.

Back to original post, I'll be in my War Eagle (doubtful), the old pirouge I got from Ring King and patched up nicely by the way. (More doubtful) or my Gheenoe with a smokin paint job by Stumpknocker. (Probable) Or Phoneman's Pro Drive or Man Downs Gator Tail. (Most probable). Or might just head out on the pontoon with a couple loaves of WonderBread.
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

19 ft Carolina Skiff with pop up blind. Big water, no problem!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duckplucker; 10-02-2014 at 07:47 PM.

I'll be in this one most of the time this season.

DP, you have any more pics of your boat? Interior layout.

I've been tossing around a skiff or jones bro's bateau as my next boat, if for nothing else, deck space.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

My lil boat that I reworked

DP, you have any more pics of your boat? Interior layout.

I've been tossing around a skiff or jones bro's bateau as my next boat, if for nothing else, deck space.
    I have been thinking about an 18' jones bros as well but I have some other things in front of that purchase.

PM me your number again.
    cut\'em

A pair of waders.

Old 436 wareagle.
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Ralph we need to slap my PD behind that new dodge and head to LA. Then bring back about 10 pirogues and sell em on scducks
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

For all you guys that love mud motors

those gator tails are nice boats.
    "Eventually, all things merge into one, and a river runs through it. The river was cut by the world's great flood and runs over rocks from the basement of time. On some of the rocks are timeless raindrops. Under the rocks are the words, and some of the words are theirs.
    I am haunted by waters" Norman Maclean.

If I get to hunt I will hunt out of my 1542 Express w/ a 25 Johnson or a Owens sneak boat.
    Non Supporting Member

Either my Gravy Boat or the Xpress 1651.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Delta in a nutshell: Breeding grounds + small wetlands + big blocks of grass cover + predator removal + nesting structures + enough money to do the job= plenty of ducks to keep everyone smiling!

"For those that will fight for it...FREEDOM...has a flavor the protected shall never know."
    -L/Cpl Edwin L. "Tim" Craft

15' Xpress with a 25 yamaha. I might take the gheenoe out if I need it. I'll only need waders when I'm in South Carolina.

Sorry but I don't have any interior pics, but I can give you a little info. Its a 2011 Carolina Skiff 19 65 DLX. I bought it from a friend who only used it a few times. The boat has a small center console and its set back closer to rear of the boat with a small leaning post . The boat has a large front deck, with lots of storage underneath. I painted the boat OD green with Parker Duck Boat paint. So far its worked great, been in some pretty rough water on up in NC last year. Other than getting a little wet it did a super job. The attached pic shows the boat just after I painted it, it shows some layout of the boat. This thing has a ton of room too.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by duckplucker; 10-03-2014 at 07:55 PM.