Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What you fellers gonna be hunting out of this season?

Default What you fellers gonna be hunting out of this season?

Post 'em up! Show your rigs. We will either be hunting out of our 14ft panther or our 14ft jon boat. Both have blinds but I think I will be trying to hunt away from the boat more this season.

Panther blind down

Panther blind up

Jon Boat

Boat sure does look familiar glad that blind is still holding up
    Attached Images Attached Images
    She needs more power!

Quote Originally Posted by screaminyammi09 View Post
    Boat sure does look familiar glad that blind is still holding up
    Hahahahah that's funny man. And yeah i gotta check the blind but im sure it will be just fine my man

Hope y'all are enjoying the boat
    She needs more power!

Got me thinking it's time to build a blind. I need a dog something fierce.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcock View Post
    Got me thinking it's time to build a blind. I need a dog something fierce.
    You got mine whenever you need him haha

Quote Originally Posted by screaminyammi09 View Post
    Hope y'all are enjoying the boat
    Yes sir, finally got the motor situation figured out.

Same as the past few years!

Although, I am looking at picking up another boat soon. Possibly a 1756DBST made of .125 gauge aluminum, with a pad hull, hopefully with a 60hp 4 stroke Mercury on a 6" hydraulic plate, with a custom pirogue rack to carry my "real" hunting boats too and from the marsh. We'll see what happens though. Being on the West coast may seriously cause me some difficulties in procuring this rig. There are no dealers out here.

If that doesn't work I may have to pick up a 14-16' V hull with a 25hp to tide me over till I get back to the East coast.
    Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Ring King View Post
    Same as the past few years!

Although, I am looking at picking up another boat soon. Possibly a 1756DBST made of .125 gauge aluminum, with a pad hull, hopefully with a 60hp 4 stroke Mercury on a 6" hydraulic plate, with a custom pirogue rack to carry my "real" hunting boats too and from the marsh. We'll see what happens though. Being on the West coast may seriously cause me some difficulties in procuring this rig. There are no dealers out here.

If that doesn't work I may have to pick up a 14-16' V hull with a 25hp to tide me over till I get back to the East coast.
    That would look bad ass with dead ducks on the bow and the pirogue strapped on the side!

I have a pic somewhere just like that of my old Gator Trax when I lived down in Louisiana. Here's a similar one with Dirty Duck and my old Xpress.

Living in Moncks Corner but looking forward to moving back to the West Coast in 2020 where there are more ducks and less duck hunters!! LOL

Or a really old one of a few birds Tailchaser and I took from our marsh boats in South Carolina years ago when I was running my old Polar Kraft.

need to hurry and get me a sneak boat/pirogue

Look down at your feet and imagine them with a pair of wafer boots on.......
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Quote Originally Posted by squatty View Post
    Look down at your feet and imagine them with a pair of wafer boots on.......
    "FABULOUSSSSS"

18' mud boat inside a 24' ark to get as far away as I can..............and then go a little farther..........

in the 18' homemade mud rig to go a little farther than most would dare to go.

If all else fails, drag out the pirogues and hunt where most WON'T go.

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Nothing looks quite as traditional as a Chapman pushing through the South Louisiana marsh!
    Last edited by Ring King; 09-30-2014 at 11:42 AM.

Cajun, where's the pic of all the boats loaded up ready to make the trip last west last year? Now that was loaded up.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I can eat a bowl of alphabet soup and shit out a thought process better than the vast majority of you clemmings.

Quote Originally Posted by Goin Coastal View Post
    Cajun, where's the pic of all the boats loaded up ready to make the trip last west last year? Now that was loaded up.
    She'll be ready to make another run soon, very soon.

Listen to your elders. Not because they are always right but because they have more experiences of being wrong.

"We make a living by what we get, we make a life by what we give" Sir Winston Churchill

Damn those are badass rigs son!

Cajun: looks like you need some helper springs or air bags on the expedition to level that sucker out!