Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First frost in the Pee Dee

Quote Originally Posted by Aging Baby Boomer View Post
    I was travelling internationally from September 21st to 29th and may have missed an earlier appearance of the blackbirds. However I'm back home, and the blackbirds appeared in large numbers today at the farm. So based on this sighting, I will peg their prediction for first frost in the Pee Dee on November 20th. Mark your calendars!
    Haven’t seen any over on the lpd side I’ll keep looking
    "And ignoring people on here....that's like being home schooled. Just say you're not ready to face life." Highstrung

Based on the amount of fruit my pepper plants are putting out, they believe that the end is near. Nov 20th is not a bad guess in the Pee Dee on most years. I am still trying to understand how frost happens when the temps are above freezing, but then again I am pretty sure magnets are magic. MG
    Aliqua die cognoscetis!

i wanna know how it can be dry as hell but grasses can form enough dew to soak my pants.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

My pepper plants are breaking limbs heavy with fruit. It will be awhile
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

It's the DEW point that gets even with the outside temp that cause's that 2th. That's my free lesson for today.
    Gettin old is for pussies! AND MY NEW TRUE people say like Capt. Tom >>>>>>>>>/
    "Wow, often imitated but never duplicated. No one can do it like the master. My hat is off to you DRDUCK!"

Quote Originally Posted by Maggie Glover View Post
    Based on the amount of fruit my pepper plants are putting out, they believe that the end is near. Nov 20th is not a bad guess in the Pee Dee on most years. I am still trying to understand how frost happens when the temps are above freezing, but then again I am pretty sure magnets are magic. MG
    It doesn't happen.

Fact.

Cold air is heavy air. Frost forms on the ground first.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

Ice on the hood of the truck this morning. Truck said 42 degrees. No frost on the ground though.
    Prodigy 1751 with Mud Buddy 37 EFI HDR

E T