Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Coyote Problem need ideas

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I've caught several dogs and all of them were turned loose unharmed.
    See how that turns out with your sponge or treble hook.
    Yep. Fido figured out I was there to help and wasnt aggressive and let me do my thing to free his foot from the trap and off he went.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by wooduck34 View Post
    Never said I did it or condoned it, I've just heard a guy talking about some of his buddies in GA doing it.
    Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    how is trapping ethical and other methods not? Ya'll obviously never ran many leg traps.
    Wasnt but a week or so ago that a fella down in Charleston got his lab poisoned with Ethyl-Glycol, or Antifreeze to some. He got him about 10 pages of "I hope that mother fucker fries, and loses everything he has" in regards to the guy doing the poisoning. Point to ponder.

In regards to treble hooks....I have an 11 year old boy, who is into everything. Loves to ride his bike. Isnt too aware of his surroundings, and doesnt quite observe property lines like an adult would. If a treble hook happened to snag him in the face, or God forbid, the only eye he has sight in, you had better run and hide, and stay hid.

Do it the right way.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    I've caught several dogs and all of them were turned loose unharmed.
    See how that turns out with your sponge or treble hook.
    Why would someone's dog be on my property? I keep my dogs under control, so why cant other people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    Wasnt but a week or so ago that a fella down in Charleston got his lab poisoned with Ethyl-Glycol, or Antifreeze to some. He got him about 10 pages of "I hope that mother fucker fries, and loses everything he has" in regards to the guy doing the poisoning. Point to ponder.

In regards to treble hooks....I have an 11 year old boy, who is into everything. Loves to ride his bike. Isnt too aware of his surroundings, and doesnt quite observe property lines like an adult would. If a treble hook happened to snag him in the face, or God forbid, the only eye he has sight in, you had better run and hide, and stay hid.

Do it the right way.
    Well how about a conibear trap breaking his leg? I am not taking any sides just stating facts, think about it.

Well how about a conibear trap breaking his leg? I am not taking any sides just stating facts, think about it.
    Why are you using a conibear for coyotes in the first place? Rather ineffectual method for the targeted species. Besides, it is hard for a conibear to break a leg while he is zipping along trails on his bike.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

[QUOTE=swampshooter;1775285]Why would someone's dog be on my property? I keep my dogs under control, so why cant other people.

This I agree why are my neighbors dogs on my property. My dogs stay locked up or in an electrical fence. It's your fault our dogs are the sponge not mine. In my opinion.

Why are you using a conibear for coyotes in the first place? Rather ineffectual method for the targeted species. Besides, it is hard for a conibear to break a leg while he is zipping along trails on his bike.
    Trails? you shouldnt be trapping, of any kind, on any trail where people would be present. more less where a bike could ride. coyotes are leary of human scent, reason traps are kept rusty.

Trails? you shouldnt be trapping, of any kind, on any trail where people would be present. more less where a bike could ride. coyotes are leary of human scent, reason traps are kept rusty.

Got it. I suppose that's why I keep stepping on coyote scat on all the "trails that arent really trails" on my lease. Most particularly at the intersections of "trails" that arent really "trails".

Can you formulate at memo and send it to the coyotes? I dont think they have heard about your rule.

While you are at it, send a memo to the coyotes living in Forest Acres. Seems they have been robbing hen houses, and eating pets. The residents would certainly appreciate it.

And send one to the coyotes in my hood in Charlotte too....tell them to stop walking down the middle of the streets at night since people just walked on them.

Here again, you simply can't make this shit up.

Hey, you can charge your new Iphone 6 in the microwave, it's called wave technology.
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

It is really sad that number for people who think they know so much, but are just so damned clueless.

Yeah, throw some antifreeze around on your property. Get caught after a rash of neighbor's dogs die from it. Go to court. Lets see if your peers see it the same way.

I hate the son of a bitches as much as the next guy, but if you are not going to do it the right way, at least stop providing bait stations for them, (corn piles), and feeding them during the winter months, (gut pits).

coyotes love a white sand road. one that people and trucks and UTVs are on every day.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    coyotes love a white sand road. one that people and trucks and UTVs are on every day.

Every day with guns.

Fuck Purdue

Got it. I suppose that's why I keep stepping on coyote scat on all the "trails that arent really trails" on my lease. Most particularly at the intersections of "trails" that arent really "trails".

Can you formulate at memo and send it to the coyotes? I dont think they have heard about your rule.

While you are at it, send a memo to the coyotes living in Forest Acres. Seems they have been robbing hen houses, and eating pets. The residents would certainly appreciate it.
    I grew up trapping, yet you are telling me where to set traps. That is funny. Coyotes dont walk main trails, they cross them big difference.

I grew up trapping, yet you are telling me where to set traps. That is funny. Coyotes dont walk main trails, they cross them big difference.
    Just stop......

Fuck Purdue

You are kidding yourself if you believe this. Also traps aren't kept rusty, they are allowed to get a surface rust so that the trap dye, or dip will stick better when new. The dye/dip is to control scent, and prevent corrosion of the traps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Invite him inside for a tall cool glass of die mother fucker.

Man you must be smoking da good stuff if you think coyotes dont walk main trails or roads.

You should come to chester county because of the 1200 acres I trap on I set most of my traps on the club roads where the coyote tracks are seen walking up and down.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

I did a heap of stuff growing up too, doesnt mean I was any good at it.

Listen to Benman.

Why would someone's dog be on my property? I keep my dogs under control, so why cant other people.

Also concerning conibear traps. They are not legal to set on dry land, they have to be near or in water in South Carolina. Also a conibear isn't a leg resistant type trap as mentioned in this thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Invite him inside for a tall cool glass of die mother fucker.

I did a heap of stuff growing up too, doesnt mean I was any good at it.

Listen to Benman.

I was center on the basketball team in 5th grade......

Fuck Purdue

The amount of fail in this thread is epic.
    Last edited by Kwacker2; 09-25-2014 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by benman View Post
    I was center on the first grade basketball team in 5th grade......
    FIFY