Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Coyote Problem need ideas

Quote Originally Posted by adamb61085 View Post
    Bacon grease soaked sponge. Just throw them out on the ground. Deer wont touch them but the yotes will eat them and cant digest them. They will die. Dont do this if you have pet dogs around.

This

You have to be ruthless, but a grease soaked sponge on a treble hook will work.

Quote Originally Posted by wooduck34 View Post
    You have to be ruthless, but a grease soaked sponge on a treble hook will work.
    If I find someone stringing up treble hooks in trees, there's a pretty damned good chance I will find who hung it, and make sure you walk with a permanent limp.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Quote Originally Posted by dhall1693 View Post
    Right there with you. I've hunted 7 straight days and haven't seen the first deer, but I've seen two yotes with no shot opportunities. This has "never" happened in my 10 years on this property!

Never heard of not having shot opportunities on coyote
    If god is your copilot, switch seats.

Quote Originally Posted by scmoose View Post
    Left over oysters???? Never heard of such a thing.

2500HD
    1436 Wareagle 25 Mercury

Buy a call and hunt those mothers, learn to trap better, etc. But FUCK that sponge idea, and fuck anyone who thinks that is an ethical way to dispatch a creature.
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

if there are no domestic dogs on the property, get a jumbo pack of hot dogs, a syringe, and a jug of anitfreeze. Inject to the point just shy of bursting. Put em' out all over the property and let the buzzards take care of the bodies
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

you people are ruthless when it comes to sucking at deer hunting.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Just give Toofer and me a key....we are a hellacious coyote calling team......
    Founding Member of the Short Mo' Sea Pro Posse

Fuck Purdue

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    you people are ruthless when it comes to sucking at deer hunting.

The method I stated above was used because my cousin kept losing new calves to the bastards.
    "Some high society lady says is your horse outside, no ma'am he's between my legs, but you're too fat to ride" Hank Jr

Trapping is the most effective way, bar none. PM me and I can give you the basics if you like.

They “tell me” in the spring, find a den, if you hear pups inside, take lighter fluid, cover base of hole, light it. Fire sucks all the air out and everything dies
    Last edited by buckpro; 09-25-2014 at 09:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Hen decoy and turkey call. Can't tell you how many yotes I've blown up with #4 Hevi Shot up close and personal during the middle of the day.

The treble hook idea is about as fuckin sad as it gets.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    If I find someone stringing up treble hooks in trees, there's a pretty damned good chance I will find who hung it, and make sure you walk with a permanent limp.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwacker2 View Post
    The treble hook idea is about as fuckin sad as it gets.
    Never said I did it or condoned it, I've just heard a guy talking about some of his buddies in GA doing it.

how is trapping ethical and other methods not? Ya'll obviously never ran many leg traps.

Yea we have tried expensive calls many times with no luck. In the early am and late pm if a siren goes by they light off like no other. I have a good idea of where they are staying within a 25 acre area but thats a lot of ground to cover.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    how is trapping ethical and other methods not? Ya'll obviously never ran many leg traps.
    I run leg traps and dont see how they are not ethical. When I run traps I usually check them twice a day and have them set where I can check them using binos. The law says I must check them once every 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by quackaddict1 View Post
    Yea we have tried expensive calls many times with no luck. In the early am and late pm if a siren goes by they light off like no other. I have a good idea of where they are staying within a 25 acre area but thats a lot of ground to cover.
    It doesnt matter how expensive the call is that you purchased if you arent setting up correctly. A thousand dollar deer rifle can kill deer just as dead as a 300 dollar deer rifle you just have to be in the right place at the right time. There are plenty of videos, websites and forums out there dedicated to trapping, you just have to put in the time and effort to research and understand how coyotes behave.
    Last edited by Chuck the Duck Slayer; 09-25-2014 at 10:14 AM.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?

Quote Originally Posted by buckpro View Post
    Trapping is the most effective way, bar none. PM me and I can give you the basics if you like.

They “tell me” in the spring, find a den, if you hear pups inside, take lighter fluid, cover base of hole, light it. Fire sucks all the air out and everything dies

I've walked all over my property and have yet to ever find a den.

In reference to?

ethical means less bycatch
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Personally I like the sponge idea. Who gives a shit about ethics when it comes to an unethical creature. That I feel serves no good. Call me a shitty person but so be it.

I've caught several dogs and all of them were turned loose unharmed.
    See how that turns out with your sponge or treble hook.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.