Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Coyote Problem need ideas

Quote Originally Posted by Stumpknocker View Post
    "works more efficiently"???? I thought you started this thread b/c you were eat up with yotes.
    I didn't start this thread, I don't have any on my property.
    Last edited by swampshooter; 09-25-2014 at 02:48 PM.

Haha, woops trying to do to many things at the same time, sorry

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post

Yes but no one I know puts traps out in the middle of a trail, 30 or 40 ft away makes it safer and works more efficiently.
    One of my favorite sets, little piece of wood, short clump of grass or a yote terd for backing, dead center of road, whammy!
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    I'll shoot over a kids head in a blind or long gun one on a turkey in a heart beat. You want to kill stuff around me you gonna earn it.

Quote Originally Posted by swampshooter View Post
    I grew up trapping, yet you are telling me where to set traps. That is funny. Coyotes dont walk main trails, they cross them big difference.

You really do not have a clue what you are talking about. Almost every yote we caught last year was on a flat set on a main road within these properties.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bad Habit View Post
    live rooster in a staked down cage, set up down wind and wait.
    Better yet, get two roosters and put their cages within a foot of each other. That's what I'll be trying as soon as I get some time, although I haven't heard many 'yotes in the past year so not sure this area will be worth the effort right now.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    If I find someone stringing up treble hooks in trees, there's a pretty damned good chance I will find who hung it, and make sure you walk with a permanent limp.
    Ditto, BB.
    Foothills Golden Retriever Rescue
    "Keep your powder dry, Boys!"
    ~ George Washington

"If I understood everything I said I'd be a genius." ~ 'Unknown'

No need to do the sponge thing. When you actually see what it will do, you won't want to kill'em that way.
    Find a den and get close to it. Set up and fire away. Doe piss on the bottom of your boots with a yearling call will make them track you.
    A yote trap you can let snap on your hand and it will not break bones but they can't pull away from it. I would not set one unless you can check it or watch it.
    The hook thing...please, be smarter than that.
    Last edited by JayhawkLee; 09-25-2014 at 08:24 PM.
    R.I.P SFC Spencer Kohlheim.
    Suicide is never a good thing but I understand.
    Thank you for your service to our nation.

http://www.minntrapprod.com/MB-550-R...uctinfo/MB550/

Get some of these, read, read, read, watch youtube videos, get rid of coyotes
    *2008 & 2009 Bream World Champion*

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote. - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ecu1984 View Post
    "The Gamecocks are hammered dog shit"

Caught this one watching my cows tonight. 1 down..

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Indeed, yet I have killed no Jack Miners today, this month, or this season as our boy DHall has. I am more jealous of his awesome pig of a bird than everyone else combined.

First Peter 5:7 "Cast all your care upon God"

Go to YouTube and search "the management advantage" there are about 4 episodes on trapping.

I also suggest taking a notebook with you when you trap. Once you make a set and leave the area write down everything about that set; whether it be a dirt hole or flat set, type of trap, type of lure, backing, wind direction. When you go back to check the trap write down everything about the set. Was it disturbed, did you catch something, fresh tracks nearby. The more you can help yourself the better you will be at trapping. I have a spreadsheet with all that info so I know what works in an area and what doesn't.

Trapperman.com is also a good website to read up on.
    Amendment II A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Highstrung View Post
    I like fishing topwater. Will one of you jot down some of this redneck ghetto slang and the definitions for those of us who weren't born with a plastic spoon in our mouths?