Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Luminox watches

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Luminox watches

What's the scoop on these? Good, bad?

Judging by some of the stuff I have read on here, they are good until they break and then the repairs aren't worth a damn.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

Quote Originally Posted by carolinaboy06 View Post
    Judging by some of the stuff I have read on here, they are good until they break and then the repairs aren't worth a damn.
    This. If you break the face or anything big it almost cost just as much as a new one

This ... this... this....

I bought one a little over a year ago. It was great, easy to read in low/no light without reading glasses (a plus at my age), kept great time. One day, it fell off the kitchen counter onto a tile floor, crystal side down. Crystal was fine, but I noticed it started to stop running from time to time. Closer inspection revealed that the inertia from the impact seemed to have bent the minute hand up slightly, and the second hand was catching on it.

Sent it back to the ONE place in the US (some jeweler) that is licensed by Luminox to work on it. Being that I didn't have the receipt (my bad), it was not a warranty repair. Over $100 out of pocket.

Got it back over a month later. It started messing up again - same problem. I could SEE that the minute hand was still out of whack. I was contemplating putting the thing at 100 yards and posting a video of me shooting a round through it, then publicly posting it on YouTube to show my discontent. Then I found a guy here in Columbia who claims he can fix it. He has it now. If he can't fix it, I'll probably go with Plan A.

Currently wearing a Timex Expedition. Big, bulky, but it works.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

So I guess spend the extra money for a tag?

Quote Originally Posted by reezen44 View Post
    Or just pony up and get a Rolex?

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Tissot
    My wife has one and it's been great. She dosent wear the tag she got for Christmas anymore Feets had one for sale here a few months ago.
    I am on my 3rd tag. Lost the first one, gave the 2nd to my younger brother. Keeps good time, not interested in spending Rolex money on a watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    now Hogan can fuck off on here all day and call it work, thanks!

Check out traser, marathon and deep blue for similar products.

Ball is a step up.

Never been a Tag fan. I'd check out Omega and of course Silver's recommendation above.

The old man's had a tag for a while and it's been good to him. I know tags are expensive but if it's something that is nice and will last me my whole life it's worth it... I just can't afford a damn Rolex lol.

I just can't afford a damn Rolex lol.
    The good news is, they go up in value; a Tag most likely will not.

Seek out a used Rolex GMT or Submariner from an authorized dealer and consider the price. Or, look at www.rolexforums.com and see what they have to offer. I've seen some killer deals on there quite frequently.

Just an idea; and it could be an heirloom to pass down to a child one day. Not too many Timex's get passed down...

I loved mine, it worked like a champ for 7+ years, but like Swamp Rat, it took a spill one day and something inside that holds the battery in place got jarred loose and it's given me trouble ever since. I'm currently using my iPhone to keep track of time......
    Quote Originally Posted by Mars Bluff View Post
    Only thing we need to be wearing in this country are ass whippings & condoms. That'll clear up half our issues.

I'm hoping for the best. The Timex Expedition I have is nice, under $100, and has an accurate digital compass on it. Other than that... it's a watch.

I was going to get a Suunto Core, but I don't wanna spend that kinda jack again on a watch.
    "Only accurate rifles are interesting " - Col. Townsend Whelen

http://www.suunto.com/coreallblack/

This is my next watch purchase

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Conservation means the wise use of the earth and its resources for the lasting good of men. -Gifford Pinchot

The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. -Thomas Jefferson

The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.

FWIW, I have a Tag Professional Diver I'm considering selling.

I'll let ya know if I decide on listing it.

I have had a steel Luminox for going on 3 years now with no problems. A good friend of mine had the cheaper field model. He had problems after the battery died. He took it to the mall where he purchased it and they messed it all up (the rubber seal never sealed after they had it). I know he had to send it off to Luminox and I dont think he has ever had a resolution to his problems. I know I will have to replace my battery soon and after my friends experience and some I'm reading on here I'm a bit concerned.

Tissot

Quote Originally Posted by Chessbay View Post
    Tissot
    Another good choice. I have a carbon fibre and titanium T-Touch and it's pretty damn awesome. Never put it through much abuse, though. The GMT Master-IIc, that's another story. From chainsaws to guns, it's seen it all. Kinda beat to shit affter 7 years, but oh well; it's a tool.

Sent from a Galaxy Tab of some sort.

Rolex smolex.

Omega is the shit.

jwilliams is offline 2th Doc's Fishing understudy

Get in the stand before daylight, get down after dark. IT's not that hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Does Elton John know you have his shotgun?

Damn some of those expensive watches and the issues. I got a Pulsar that I beat to death, wore the finish off of, wore out two titanium bands on, cracked the crystal on a month after I got it and it keeps perfect time. If I could find another band that would fit it and not cost what I paid for the watch I'd still be using it. 15yo and still works.

Got a Citizen Eco Divers watch that keeps good time but the rubber band doesn't last and a Seiko that is stainless steel and tough as nails but won't stay wound if I take it off for more than 8 hrs.
    Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal? I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.

You might take out a dozen before they drag you from your home and skull fuck you to death. Marsh Chicken 6/21/2013