Thread: Broadcast Spreader

Default Broadcast Spreader

Looking for a decent push spreader for under 100 dollars if anyone has a recommendation on one or one they would like to part with. Just can't justify spending 160-300 dollars on a spreader.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

There isn't a such thing as a "quality" spreader.... I've bought $200 Spyker spreaders, and I've bought $50 Scott's spreaders. They all seem like crap. I maintain and clean them, yet I still have bad luck with them

You will hate a push spreader. Either get a hand spreader or one to pull behind an ATV.
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

If you have to get a push spreader make sure it has bigger/wider tires. Makes it a helluva lot easier to push.
    rip Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    You will hate a push spreader. Either get a hand spreader or one to pull behind an ATV.
    Listen to the young boy^

I get a lot of use out of my Earthway shoulder satchel spreader. You can crank it faster to spread wider or slow to concentrate. I use it most for corning deer stands.

One thing that makes it easier to fill is a 2 1/2 gallon bucket with the bottom cut out. I use it to hold the sides up while filling it then pull it out before zipping it up.

Quote Originally Posted by LabLuvR View Post
    I may get a hand spreader myself. A bag one. I saw one at tractor supply I wished I woulda grabbed. I have 1-2 acre food plots I'm about to plant rye in. Gonna suck walking around spreading but oh well... At least the tillin will be done by machine!

Get an ATV spreader.
    rip Dakota

Yea have seriously just been thinking about a hand spreader. After everything I read about the push ones there isn't any that stand out as reliable. Guess ill purchase a good hand operated model.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Lazy is not a virtue of a duck hunter.

I would also go with a hand spreader, but if you do go with a push style spreader, noticed this one on tractor supply while looking for something else... On their clearance page.

http://www.tractorsupply.com/en/stor...preader-125-lb