Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: SRS Hunt

I can hear big mo saying it now. He ain't mine but I calls him viceroy. Fine hound.

funny how the good hounds we run across in life come in the strangest of ways...

loved that story from big mo
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

That vest you had on looked HOT!! Haha, didn't realize that was yall until later on. We were right there with yall going to the chain and checking the deer in. Yall had em stacked up!

Yeah it's a little warm. What pack number are you? Durham just called me. He got my two out of unit 42 last night. I'm loaded.

451, I heard some dogs got eaten by an alligator in Par Pond. We were lucky enough that our pack ran a doe back at noon. JB killed the deer and we caught all the dogs. Were you in unit 7 also?

yes, I was in unit 7 stand 85. right off of moore road. the guy that lost the two dogs to gators turned out pretty close to me, he jumped and 5 dogs went in to the pond and 3 came out the other side.

Quote Originally Posted by Knavin View Post
    yes, I was in unit 7 stand 85. right off of moore road. the guy that lost the two dogs to gators turned out pretty close to me, he jumped and 5 dogs went in to the pond and 3 came out the other side.
    Damn, thats worse than getting one cut up. Did they say if they were big dogs or beagles? We had some get eaten down at Clariont a few years ago the day after Christmas. I believe that was the last year they allowed dog drives. It was in the 20's that morning and 50's in the afternoon. I wouldnt have believed it if we wouldnt have found the remains of a dog in the water. If I remember right it was 3 beagles and one full size redtick bitch. The redtick belonged to the guy I went down there with. They went back a couple times to try and get the collars back but never got them. I'm sure theres probably no chance of recovering a collar at SRS in a gators belly.

They were walker dogs.

We were on D33, unfortunately on the timberline below you! Haha, not many made it down the big path from that direction!

Ten four. A few deer crossed the rock road but not many made it out of the pines. We found the crossing in there .

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsc View Post
    451, I heard some dogs got eaten by an alligator in Par Pond. We were lucky enough that our pack ran a doe back at noon. JB killed the deer and we caught all the dogs. Were you in unit 7 also?
    Buddy of mine owned the dogs. He had my Johnson collars on them as well as another friends GPS collars. $325 worth of collars around each dog's neck. Great dogs also. Deer hit the pond and had to swim over 800 yards to get to other side.
    Become one with nature then marinate it.

Man that's terrible, I hate to hear that. Our beagles went to the pond early, but turned around and came back watching them on the GPS.

A long time ago I heard an old dogman say "When you drop the tailgate you better take a good look at your dogs cause it might be the last time you ever see them". That statement has stuck with me pretty much my entire life, and I think about it most every time I turn out. That was way before tracking collars but it still holds true.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkleberry Ridge Runner View Post
    Buddy of mine owned the dogs. He had my Johnson collars on them as well as another friends GPS collars. $325 worth of collars around each dog's neck. Great dogs also. Deer hit the pond and had to swim over 800 yards to get to other side.
    Its always the good ones that stuff like this happens to. A half ass deer dog will live forever.

We got into a little action right off the river Saturday. My buddy killed the 7pt, I killed the doe and the 8pt running together. Some big bucks were killed, a sure reminder of why we make the trip.

Nice gator. Y'all hunted hog barn and robins station? I hate I didn't get this past saturday hunt.

Robins Station was always my favorite unit on the plant.

Yes, those are the blam hole units!

Whos going tomorrow?

I wish.