Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SRS Hunt

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by CAJUN LAB View Post
    How did the hunt go this weekend?
    Wounded Warrior. They got a few.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

25ish deer, 1 hog and freaking miserable today. I saw a good buck 5 minutes after shooting time, but he was quicker than I was. Small buck late, same. One 5.5 to stud, and a couple other good bucks.

Luckydogger/ y'all have this Wednesday? 11/5? How was your hunt 10/29? We saw zero deer and left 3 dogs. They have been retrieved.

Quote Originally Posted by Knavin View Post
    Luckydogger/ y'all have this Wednesday? 11/5? How was your hunt 10/29? We saw zero deer and left 3 dogs. They have been retrieved.
    No dont have this Wednesday. 10-29 saw one buck to far to shoot at and one coyote gave me the slip. Had a dog cut bad by a hog. $432 at the vet. When you going back?

11/1 was a tuff hunt! Took a while to get the core temp back to normal.

Heard there were several folks that hit the puss button and had to get picked up b/c they were "too cold". I guess if there were only 25 or so killed, our group did pretty good. We managed 2 does, a 4 and 9 pt. Couple of coyotes and a big hog got shot but not recovered.

CWPINST is offline 168 grains of assistance from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by ersepton View Post
    25ish deer, 1 hog and freaking miserable today. I saw a good buck 5 minutes after shooting time, but he was quicker than I was. Small buck late, same. One 5.5 to stud, and a couple other good bucks.
    Sounds like the stand wasnt too bad. Too bad the weather was.
    If it ain\'t accurate at long distance, then the fact that it is flat shooting is meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by CWPINST View Post
    Sounds like the stand wasnt too bad. Too bad the weather was.
    It was as miserable as I can ever remember deer hunting, but yes given the weather it was still a good stand. I think 7 were killed off our van.

I'm going this Wednesday, off next Wednesday, then three consecutive Wednesdays.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydogger View Post
    No dont have this Wednesday. 10-29 saw one buck to far to shoot at and one coyote gave me the slip. Had a dog cut bad by a hog. $432 at the vet. When you going back?
    Damn. That sucks.

an expensive vet bill for one dog.
    Windows Down!

I hope it wasnt the hog I shot. I've seen smaller automobiles. Had to do a double take to be sure it wasnt a bear.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I'm packing the camper up after this evening's sit to head that way tomm evening. Looks like the weather will be better on the next few hunts!

Quote Originally Posted by raybird View Post
    Damn. That sucks.

an expensive vet bill for one dog.
    Yeah I could have bought 4 more deer dogs for the money. He most likely would have survived with out going to the vet but it looked bad and I felt sorry for him. He's a good hound and I would hate to loose him in his prime. After seeing what they done at the vet I think I could do pretty much what they did. Only thing they did that i couldnt do was sedate him.

Quote Originally Posted by BigBrother View Post
    I hope it wasnt the hog I shot. I've seen smaller automobiles. Had to do a double take to be sure it wasnt a bear.
    Did you kill it? I'm starting to hate the sombitches. Tree stock hounds just wont leave them lone. Last year on one of the hunts, I had a guy tell me one of my hounds bayed one for over an hour before he walked in and shot the hog. Said it was probably pushing 300 lbs and he left it laying. Said he was doing a jam up job of keeping it bayed which really suprised me considering all he has ever been is a mediocre deer dog. He got a pretty nasty cut too.

Yeah, he's dead.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

Good hunt today. 42 deer 11 hogs 1 coyote. 448 killed 3 and missed another.

Heck yeah!!!

do it knavin
    text me some pics
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!

Meat wagon had legs flappin' back down I-20.

How bout that Pontiac with the airbrushed wolf on the side eyeballing the meat wagon. Bet viceroy wishes he hadn't ranged today. Three runs can't be as fine of accommodations as bluff road kennels.

he says "I calls hims viceroy..."
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!