Thread: Spraying Results

Default Spraying Results

Had a small plot of 2-3 year old cutover sprayed two weeks ago. They sprayed with imazypir (sp?). It was primarily a stand of gum trees but had some other stuff mixed in there obiously. Volunteer pines, other small trees, etc. How long does that stuff take to kick in to where i will start seeing some results? The guy who did the work said "it would take a little while" but wouldnt elaborate any further and after asking 403 questions, figured i would leave him be. After 2 weeks should it be turning or longer than that? Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing.

If you sprayed just imazypyr.. Do not expect much brown out

For woody stuff, I have used crossbow with a surfactant. I have been happy with my results. If your results aren't pleasing you, id suggest crossbow

Also do you know what rate??

I had a 50 acre 7 year cutover that was not planted sprayed last year around this time. that still looks like a dead winter land other than the pine trees (thats left after the ice storm). Aerosol was sprayed and i don't know the rate right off hand. I'm pleased, it killed the shit out of everything else. I just wished the fella spraying would of sprayed closer to the ditch banks and property lines.

Isn't that the stuff in Chopper? If so, it kills from the root up. Takes a while. Very different than what you see in grasses with glyphosate, etc.

They sprayed ours 12 days ago and you can tell where they did a good job and where they half assed it.

Imazapyr is the active in Arsenal. Yes Chopper contains Imazapyr also.

Glenn is giving some away in the trading post.

It seems to wilt more so than brown out, then gum trees turn dead. Good stuff.

You will likely not see the full results until next season green up.
    \"I never saw a wild thing feel sorry for itself. A small bird will drop dead frozen from a bough without ever having felt sorry for itself.\" <br />D.H. LAWRENCE

Went to check it out after posting this... Some sign that the spray is taking hold - mainly in the smaller gum trees, but looks like this is going to take some time as y'all have suggested.