Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Goodbye Crossfit, you saved my life

Let me echo what Simple said G. If she, the boys, or you need anything you just let me know. I have a 16 year old and two 13 year olds that can babysit, do yardwork, throw baseballs, you name it. I know we spoke about this earlier this summer but glad to know that you can get this fixed. Prayers for you and yours my man. Calling to schedule my physical today.

Quote Originally Posted by JABIII View Post
    Pics of the wife?
    WOW

Prayers sent.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

I hope everything goes according to the Doc's plan Monday.......I also hope your wife and kids peace during the surgery......well said buddy

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/

Quote Originally Posted by Slaya View Post
    Glad they found it, and have a solution for you. I hope and pray all goes well with the procedure, and you and your family live happily ever after.
    Well said.

Good luck and Godspeed.

Sobering.

You are in the right frame of mind. I am happy for you in that regard. Hell, I am happy for you that it was found.

Best of luck, sir. Wifey will receive some prayers, as will you.
    "Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration" -Izaak Walton

I need to get my fat tail in gear!!Prayers my friend!!!
    I used to drink like a fish and run like a dog
    Done a whole lotta shit not permitted by law
    People call me the Picasso of painting the town

Good luck man praying

Glad to hear it! It is better than you falling down during a jog and never getting up. I hope God's plan has you in it.

cross"fit" crowd cant run one mile? I am surprised

That second bit was unneccessary.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Then You'll love this:

I would get a second opinion... And not from the same outfit as you have been seeing, fresh set of eyes on the problem. If you are seeing a doc at GHS go to St Francis, or hell go to Emory. Don't just take one guys opinon... You know what they call the guy who graduated last in his med school class? Doctor (.) After spending 14 days in the hospital with my wife I very little trust with any doctors. Before I moved to Greenville I could count on one hand how many doctors I had seen and I didn't know that was a luxury until recently.... At GHS they sent us a brandy new doctor every fucking day, yes everyday. I would bleed to death in the street before I go back there to get ANY "medial treatment."

Quote Originally Posted by CAMO SNOB View Post
    Then You'll love this:

I would get a second opinion... And not from the same outfit as you have been seeing, fresh set of eyes on the problem. If you are seeing a doc at GHS go to St Francis, or hell go to Emory. Don't just take one guys opinon... You know what they call the guy who graduated last in his med school class? Doctor (.) After spending 14 days in the hospital with my wife I very little trust with any doctors. Before I moved to Greenville I could count on one hand how many doctors I had seen and I didn't know that was a luxury until recently.... At GHS they sent us a brandy new doctor every fucking day, yes everyday. I would bleed to death in the street before I go back there to get ANY "medial treatment."

Thats good advice. And I have already taken it.

This has been going since Aug 2013. I have been to one ER doctor, one family doctor, one pulmonologist, four......yes FOUR cardiologists, with this being the second diagnosis. The symptoms I present are that of Mitral valve prolapse. Because the Aortic valve is blocked by the mass, the pressure inside my heart forces blood back upstream through my mitral valve into my lungs......and i cough it up.

Second opinion was to disagree with mitral valve and present Hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy (HOCM). Cardiac Arythmia (irregular heartbeat) and murmur are also symptoms not associated with valve issues.

an Echo, a transesphogeal echo (broomstick with a camera down my throat), heart cath, three stress tests and an MRI later....... the correct diagnosis is HOCM. I have seen the septum measurements, the internal pressure readings and the obstruction in living color.

I wish it was a valve, there is a little metal ring they can slap in there and be good to go for another 500k miles.

My choices are:

1) wait for the grenade to go off

2) (Texas Chainsaw massacre) open chest heart surgery, to scrape the unwanted tissue out.

3) (likker shots at 9) Alcohol ablation to kill the unwanted tissue.

I am going with
    A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user.

Theodore Roosevelt; 26th president of US (1858 - 1919)

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Reckon they'll let me scrub in?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Reckon they'll let me scrub in?

HECK NO!

Doggie Doc's don't take insurance.

Plus, i don't need spayin or nueterin!!!!!!

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity” Sigmund Freud

Damn man. Glad you caught it sooner rather than later. I'm just around the corner. Seriously. Let us know if you need anything. Dad works at St. Francis. Pm me if that's where you are going to be.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

cut 'em, what you need to do is to get yo ass into CF Infliction with me and your boy MT.
    I don't need my name in the marquee lights....

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Sissy

Aint no way i am lettin you near me while under anesthesia!!

I might have put on a few pounds but Im still a Purty SOB!

I dont trust any man that can express anal glands with a straight face!

Default Goodbye Crossfit, you saved my life

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    cut 'em, what you need to do is to get yo ass into CF Infliction with me and your boy MT.

I wouldn't want to embarrass y'all

That crap is to expensive for me. I'll be at the house running from buella church to the house and doing push-ups.

Once I prove to myself that I can be consistent with working out I will come up there. Problem is I haven't really worked out seriously since highschool.
    Last edited by cut em'; 08-21-2014 at 02:34 PM.
    piss on china, the country and the dishes. I can stack dishes any where, instruments of death deserve a special place.

Quote Originally Posted by Jozie & Me View Post
    Aint no way i am lettin you near me while under anesthesia!!

I might have put on a few pounds but Im still a Purty SOB!

I dont trust any man that can express anal glands with a straight face!

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt