Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 4 Wheelers

We have a 1997 Yamaha 4x4 that's been through hell and back and it still runs like a champ. Normal problems of dead batteries and stuff but that's about it.

I got a 2004 Honda Rubicon 500, if I had to buy a new one today it would be another Honda.

I had a 99 Kawasaki Prairie that was great

The only thing that comes close to Honda is the old Kawasaki Bayou 220. I had an 89 that I ran till I thought it had died in 99. Gave it to fellow at Palmetto Bluff (pre-development) and the Union Camp mechanic at the Bluff worked it over and it is still going.

It was so tough that Swampknob and his brother were unable to kill it.
    The only good thing about my imperfections is the joy they bring my friends.

Beware the man with one gun...he probably has other faults also.

There are Honda 4-wheelers and then there is everything else.
    The right to bear arms is the last form of defense against tyranny.

My Suzuki 500 is a damn Cadillac...Smooth ride, quiet, PS(which comes in damn handy in the rocks out here), push button 4wd w/ locking diff, and lots of power.
    Man and other animals were first vegetarians; then Noah and his sons were given permission to eat meat: “every moving thing that liveth shall be meat for you” Genesis 9:3

"A man may not care for golf and still be human, but the man who does not like to see, hunt, photograph or otherwise outwit birds or animals is hardly normal. He is supercivilized, and I for one do not know how to deal with him." Aldo Leopold

we still have a big red 3-wheeler that's up and running.
    "JUST BECAUSE I AM NOT A GOOD SPELLER DOESN'T MEAN MY JEAN POLL IS GONNA BE BAD."
    Quote Originally Posted by Mergie Master View Post
    There's evidence coming out...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cottontop74 View Post
    I dabble in a lot of things, but don't get too technical with any of them.

I have a 06 yamaha kodiak 450 4x4. Been sittin in my barn for a while but if i jump it off it still runs great. Its been rode hard and put up wet. I live right down the road from Carolina Adventure World so you can imagine what its been through. Only thing is the belt gets wet easy. After splashing through creeks and the belt slip for a second i put snokels on the air input and output of the clutch and solved that problem.

I'm really shocked that no one mentioned Honda.I got a 300 must be as old as the one JAB has.
    We gave you Corn,you gave us clap,bad trade.

Damnit boy buy a fuggin Honda and be done with it!
    RIP Kelsey "Bigdawg" Cromer
    12-26-98 12-1-13

If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever.

Missing you my great friend.

Yeah, no shit...I looked them today. That rear axle is just about a deal killer for me..I got to get in them creek bottoms and strattle stumps (and shit) where I hunt.

Default 4 Wheelers

Don't let that deter you C!!!! I've had Hondas my whole life, been around all the others my friends have had.They ALL ended up getting rid of them and getting Hondas, you cannot kill them! Belt driven quads are stupid and get a good laugh from is when they try to follow. They may be faster but I promise they aren't as tough. I'd ride my 03 rancher to hell and pull it off it's hinges.....that little extra ground clearance won't help that much anyways on those others, trust me.
    Last edited by ccleroy; 08-08-2014 at 08:00 PM.

I wish I could breathe life back in him, if I could I'd hunt him again tomorrow. - Ben Rodgers Lee

www.springallurecustomcalls.com

https://www.facebook.com/springallure.customcalls/