Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: pre workout breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Simple Man View Post
    I was reading through the responses with this reply in mind.

Piece of ham stuffed in each hole of a muffin tin. Crack an egg in each one. Season with whatever dry seasonings they like (personally, I like a little basil/oregano and S/P - maybe some Emeril's Essence). 350 in the oven 'til the eggs look done - probably 20min or so.

You've got a ready-made breakfast for the whole week for both boys in one tin's worth. Microwave at will.

Water.
    This

eat a loaf a bread
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by SCWoody View Post
    You two need to get your pillow talk straight before you get on here!
    I think after that weekend they "camped" together in Charleston they've been dating steady.

-er

all gay jokes aside, my kids had a nice shake this morning. granted, ryan was up and waiting on me and I woke connor up, only to have to go get him again since he "just laid down for a second."

they have a 5hr, full pad practice today....but were fueled with two raw eggs, coconut milk, frozen blueberries, and a banana.....blended with a touch of honey.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

You shoulda filled them each with a loaf of Capt John Derst finest
    They say the only time a fishermen tells the truth is when he tells you another fisherman is a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    all gay jokes aside, my kids had a nice shake this morning. granted, ryan was up and waiting on me and I woke connor up, only to have to go get him again since he "just laid down for a second."

they have a 5hr, full pad practice today....but were fueled with two raw eggs, coconut milk, frozen blueberries, and a banana.....blended with a touch of honey.
    That sounds good!!!
    "This is My commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." John 15:12

"Strive for peace with everyone, and for the holiness without which no one will see the Lord." Hebrews 12:14

that sounds really good actually - very similar to my every morning breakfast. I usually go with 6 eggs, and switch up the berries for variety, but that makes a mean shake!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tater View Post
    Your heart ain't like your balls, ya only got one...
    All you need is a body built for discipline and a mind that can justify so much apparent self-abuse.

Might try that myself.

my kids are playing football. they have 5hr practices it seems like every day. I dont know the best thing to get them in the mornings before they go. you can leave out the anti bread sentiment. I am just looking for the "right" foods to have pre-workout. I know they need some carbs and I also appreciate the way they will get their protein but I am looking for new ideas that a couple of 13yr olds boys getting their asses kicked playing with 10th graders might enjoy...

thanks

A Peanut butter and banana sandwich with a Gatorade or orange juice. That provides plenty of carbohydrates and electrolytes to get them through practice without cramps. I always ate a heaping tablespoon of mustard before summer 3-a-days and never caught a cramp no matter how hot and muggy it got. Hydrating with water before bedtime is another big thing to emphasize.

Well that does sound like a great pre workout meal. I might try that one.
    The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    Theodore Roosevelt

“To announce that there must be no criticism of the President, or that we are to stand by the President, right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.”
    ― Theodore Roosevelt

HGH

Default pre workout breakfast

Amazing how things change. In '93 and '94 our pre-game meal at Summerville on road trips was 2 Checker cheesebugers and a Coke. Post game we got 2 Checker cheeseburgers, fries and a milk shake.

No wonder we were McKissick's worst team ever.
    Last edited by HartClemson99; 08-12-2014 at 06:52 PM.
    "I do not hunt turkeys because I want to, I hunt them because I have to. I would really rather not do it, but I am helpless in the grip of my compulsion"
    - Tom Kelly, Tenth Legion, 1973