Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very unique request

Default Very unique request

I have a very interesting proposition given to me by a friend and am looking for one more to help. First off i am in charleston. There is a funeral at breech inlet on the 21st. The deceased had asked for a "viking" style funeral. They want me to shoot a flaming arrow into the boat. I have absolutely 0 experience at this. The widow said she will have pyrotechnics rigged to the wooden boat. Im not making this shit up. Any dead eye out there wanna help or have any advice?
    "Keep casting"

I want to watch...

Video is a must

Are there going to be ashes in this boat? If so I think there is a law that they have to spread at the three mile mark.
    Quote Originally Posted by walt4dun View Post
    Monsters... Be damned if I'd ever be taken alive by the likes of faggot musslims.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2thDoc View Post
    I am an equal opportunity hater.

Practice! Take back up arrows...

Look up how to make a bomb with a cell phone detonator. Rig it up to blow when you call.

Shoot the arrow make sure to get close

After you release hit send on your cell phone

BOooooooooooooooooooM!

God Speed to the Viking.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Oh never mind the knock at your door. That's just the ATF after the NSA intercept of your google search about the bomb.
    You've got one life. Blaze on!

Squatty. The way the x has been acting, i would welcome them. Like i said, the paper work is legit.
    "Keep casting"

This has to be the greatest post ever on this website. I badly want to watch this.
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

They don't put Championship rings on smooth hands

Really. A dude named smokey is going to fling a flaming arrow into a boat rigged with explosives in Breech Inlet. Holy Shit
    Them that don't know him won't like him, and them that do sometimes won't know how to take him

He ain't wrong, he's just different, and his pride won't let him do things to make you think he's right

Quote Originally Posted by trkykilr View Post
    Really. A dude named smokey is going to fling a flaming arrow into a boat rigged with explosives in Breech Inlet. Holy Shit
    HAHAHAHA

Classic

You forgot the dead guy....gotta add the dead guy.

Dead Viking Guy, to be exact.

I'll be down there this weekend and will cancel my Monday if this shit is really gonna happen.

Now...how to make a flaming arrow. I think your best bet might be one of those "exploding" heads or whatever they are advertizing to kill hogs with these days. I think you might want to practice to make sure it goes BOOM though.

I want to be there for THAT, too.
    Ugh. Stupid people piss me off.

Awesome.

Just. Freakin'. Awesome.
    "Freedom Isn't Free"
    _Spc. Thomas Caughman
    1983-2004

Quote Originally Posted by Dook View Post
    Go tigers!

I want to watch this. . .

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

Use a kid bow and a bowfishing arrow, You can borrow the boys if you like....target about 50-70 yards and you will have a better chance of making the shot. As far as keeping it lit while in flight, I'm sure you tube can help you. If you are looking to make a 350 yard shot like they do in the movies and dont have your own bow you have been practicing with for the last 3 years in various winds making the shot....don't. It will end up being a joke and disrespectful to the dead when you have expired all of your chances and the boat drifts off. I would almost want to build a jig of a sort to hold the bow so it shoots the same way every time and just pull it back to a predetermined position. Oh, and I want video.
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by BigBallin View Post
    Use a kid bow and a bowfishing arrow, You can borrow the boys if you like....target about 50-70 yards and you will have a better chance of making the shot. As far as keeping it lit while in flight, I'm sure you tube can help you. If you are looking to make a 350 yard shot like they do in the movies and dont have your own bow you have been practicing with for the last 3 years in various winds making the shot....don't. It will end up being a joke and disrespectful to the dead when you have expired all of your chances and the boat drifts off. I would almost want to build a jig of a sort to hold the bow so it shoots the same way every time and just pull it back to a predetermined position. Oh, and I want video.
    You are taking so much of the fun out of this. Tom needs to make a killing running charters to the sandbar to watch. T shirts, coozies, etc.

BigBallin is offline prognosticator of prognosticators

You are taking so much of the fun out of this. Tom needs to make a killing running charters to the sandbar to watch. T shirts, coozies, etc.
    Maybe give everybody on the sandbar a bow with flaming arrows, offer a prize for the winner....I would rather use a flare gun meself
    You can grow up to be just like me....

Quote Originally Posted by willk View Post
    Are there going to be ashes in this boat? If so I think there is a law that they have to spread at the three mile mark.
    I'd be more concerned about the burning boat that will sink within sight of the beach.